2 X 1gb G.skill Hz Or 4 X 1 Gb G.skill Hz Or . . .

I've want 4gb for my new system, yes I know about having to have a 64 bit OS, yes, I know it's excessive, but I have my reasons.

I also want an obscene overclock.

Having browsed new eggs 4gb kits (2x2gb memory pairs), I've noticed NONE are good for overclockers, thus my question in simple:

Would running 4 sticks adversely effect my overclocking really? Can anyone suggest an alternative. I want memory with the D9GMH chips.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Bruce

I know Ethlipcis runs 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix, and it seems to work fine with D9GMH chips. I dunno bout C2D boards, but earlier in the NF4 days, 4 sticks would seriously limit your performance and overclock!

Guest ecthlipsis

Yes, I do use 4x1gb sticks and they seem to be treating me well. It is harder to OC 4 sticks than it is two, though. Good choice going with the D9GMH, but get the 2x2gb if you can. I don't know what you mean by they aren't good for overclocking.

The reason I have 4x1gb sticks is I originally was just going to go with 2x1gb but about a month after I bought them I found a sale on 2 more Ballistix for only $80. Couldn't resist. I do love these chips a lot in every way, so I have no reservations recommending them to you. However, any D9GMH chip will function just was well so get whatever brand you happen to find cheapest.

My recommendation stays, though, and if you don't already have 2x1gb sticks then go with 2x2gb. If you already have some 1gb modules then just fill the rest with 1gb sticks. It isn't too big of OC hit. Good luck =)

None are good for Overclockers? Blasphemy! The set i reviewed for our beloved Overclockersclub only did DDR2 535. I would bet you wont be running your cpu at that fsb or higher. Take a look right HERE! There are quite few sets that OC well out there you just have to be willing to look. All of Mushkins HP,XP and Redline 4 gig sets are good clockers from what i have experienced and read.

There are quite a few brands of memory that work well when running 4gigs. I am currently running 4 sticks of G.Skill 6400HZ and it is all good.

I can run up to around 415 fsb 1:1 without having to really throw the v0lts at it. Hey that is at 4-3-3-4.

Crucial, Mushkin,G.Skill, they are all pretty good choices

WZ

post-6536-1182396921_thumb.jpg

Edited by weldzilla