Real Beer

For just sippin something down, I like Paulaner Weiss Beir from Germany. Dang good stuff, tricky to find here in the states though.I also love miller, though I doubt you'd consider that a "real" beer.

It'll getcha drunk!

w00t w00t, that's some good stuff right there!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I drink it usually isn't for taste and I usually end up drinking natty, bud light, coors, or whateverss around.
Natural Ice is pretty good, and its dirt cheap like you said...

Ah yes, the elixir of life! :P Or at least one of them.

There are some pretty good micro breweries around here (Quebec Canada). One that popped up at the local convenience store around a year ago is called Tremblay (pronounced tromblay, it's a French Canadian name). A blonde lager that has a hint of bitterness that you can barely notice.

Others that are not from this province are Rickards (British Columbia, preffer the red) and Alexander Keith (can't remember from where, also preffer the red) that seem to go down way too easy at times.......

As far as mass brewed beer is concerned, Labbatt Blue a very good Canadian pilsner.

When my brother comes over he sometimes brings some Grolsch, I believe it's from Belgium, very tasty!

On a hot summer day the Mexican beers are nice because they're light but I don't use any lime. I want the enjoy the true taste of the beer.

Dislikes:

Guinness or porter beers, can't have more than 1, it's way too heavy for my taste.

Cream ales like Sleaman (another Canadian), also heavy and can't really drink more than one.

Very bitter beers, mostly imported or from micro breweries.

Cheers guys! :D

Ice cold beer = not good beer.

It dulls your sense of taste and almost any beer that recommends drinking it ice cold is crappy.

I can even make a list...the imported beer section at the coop here in downtown Boise (where I'm interning for the summer) is nothing short of amazing. I'll get a pic of it at some point.

Skullsplitter is my new favorite. It's a Scottish beer that 8.5% abv but is soooooo smooth. Yum!

Skullsplitter is my new favorite. It's a Scottish beer that 8.5% abv but is soooooo smooth. Yum!
I'd drink it just to be cool and get the ladies...
Some dude: Watcha drinkin'?

Me: A Skullsplitter!

Some dude: Woah dude. You are HARDCORE!

Hot Chick: Oh My GOD Andrew please bear my children!

Me: All Righty Then...

When my brother comes over he sometimes brings some Grolsch, I believe it's from Belgium, very tasty!

Grolsch comes from just next door in Holland :)

Holland, Denmark, Belgium and Germany make some of the best lagers in the world :D

It would be hard for me to leave Europe because I know how bad the beer selection is in most other parts of the world in comparison... some of those Canadian discoveries of your sound quite interesting though

Holland, Denmark, Belgium and Germany make some of the best lagers in the world :D

It would be hard for me to leave Europe because I know how bad the beer selection is in most other parts of the world in comparison... some of those Canadian discoveries of your sound quite interesting though

Amen Brutha! :D European Beer > all!