Real Beer

While in Australia, I've been able to try several REAL beers and such. (Yes it's legal given the circumstances in which it was being drunk)

I swear to god it was heaven to drink some good pale ale... tasting the flavor... and then the Guinness. But anyway, what's your favorite real (read: not Busch/Bud/Otherdomesticamerican) brew? My votes going to Guinness.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had guinness over in ireland last year, i really liked it. Come to the states in the bottle, yuk... Even when its extra cold... Nobody i know can even get threw a bottle. Got a 6 pack last week, 2 are gone...

Personaly i prefer a good lager beer.

Guinness Extra Cold. 'Tis no beating it.

You sir are....

correct!

I had guinness over in ireland last year, i really liked it. Come to the states in the bottle, yuk... Even when its extra cold... Nobody i know can even get threw a bottle. Got a 6 pack last week, 2 are gone...

I don't mind the bottles, of course, I usually drink 'em fast. The cans are nice, as Guinness adds a bit o' something special to 'em, and even after 6 months (why would they even be around that long? :blink:) they're still really good, unlike most other beers.

You read wrong notfornothing :P, "last week" we bought a 6 pack. I dont know why but we just couldnt drink them. We played some beer pong with one bottle and it was hell downing it... I mean they might be old from being on the shelf but over a mounth i really dont think so.

Defenatly not the guiness i remember from over in ireland.

I'm going over to ireland soon, il try every beer :P

It tastes different from a tap... cans are nicer as they have a widget in. Dunno if US bottles do. Also, try and take 119.53 seconds to pour it :) If you can, try and find a keg of Extra Cold Draught... you would need a line cooler though.

You read wrong notfornothing :P, "last week" we bought a 6 pack. I dont know why but we just couldnt drink them. We played some beer pong with one bottle and it was hell downing it... I mean they might be old from being on the shelf but over a mounth i really dont think so.

Defenatly not the guiness i remember from over in ireland.

I'm going over to ireland soon, il try every beer :P

No I didn't. You assumed wrong. My mention of 6 months had nothing to do with your last week comment.

it depends.

I personally prefer a nice cold labatt blue. however I'm very partial to "canadian" blue over it's americanized variant (1.8 times the content). I do prefer a draft, but can's are right out... tastes almost like licking a can. doesn't do it for me.

out side of that it's sam adams boston lagger, and a few other sam adams drafts (we have them by season at the bar). from time to time blue moon or corona. just hold the darn fruit!!!!!!

I personally HATE guiness... but owning an irish pub makes that a requirement to not only have but to occasionally consume with some of the higher profile customers. though I usually try to order it as a "black and blue" (lower half of the beer is a labatt blue, the upper is guiness.... and the two tend to stay seperate).

if I had the time I'd be brewing my own... exeter... got any interest in doing a little sales of that on the side? put it in as a "specialty beer" on tap

There's enough Michiganders here that I feel comfortable mentioning Bell's Beer (drink Kalamazoo beer! :P). My favorite, though, is a local seasonal micro from a pizza chain called Bilbo's. The beer is called "Dragon Red", and it's a heavier amber. I haven't had it in a few years though, since I moved away from Kzoo. I know the Bilbo's chain is in several other cities in the area, but I've never checked to see if they all have Dragon Red.

Guinness used to be a favorite of mine, but now it's actually pretty low on the list. I like dark beers, but I just don't care for the taste of Guinness anymore.

I like a good Gilde Ratskeller (german of course :P)! Brewed just down the street from where I live, one of the best beers in Germany in my opinion! Guiness is alright, but there is a ton of other European beers I'd take over a Guiness!