util to change bios setting from within windows?

I think the answer is "no", but here goes: is there a utility (or more than one) that allows one to alter BIOS settings from within Windows WITHOUT restarting? For example the AISuite from ASUS requires a restart as I understand it and it can't modify the vcore. I'd be most interested in changing these two parameters specifically: FSB and vcore.

Thanks!

EasyTune does this for Gigabyte boards, but as with most programs that change these settings from Windows, they suck testicles.

It's too bad. I have all the settings worked out for a 9x266 and 9x333 w/ minimized vcores. I'd be nice to switch between the on-the-fly.

Abit's uGuru does it from within WIN for Abit main boards. You could check if Clockgen supports your particular main board. It has saved profiles to allow switching within WIN as you desire, and Clockgen has always been 'on the fly' and doesn't require a restart. Linky Clockgen

MM

Thanks, that's cool. Too bad there isn't anything that can do vcore as well. Saving a few profiles like 9x266 @ 1.1125V, 9x333 @ 1.2625V, etc. would rock; sort of a shift-on-the-fly o/cability.

As far as things like OC'ing is concerned, there's ntune, which works for all nvidia chipset based motherboards I believe. Also will allow you to adjust advanced 3d graphics settings like aa, vsync, etc, within windows. You don't have to restart, either.

@neddamttocs: I want the ability to switch from 9x266 @ 1.1275V to 9x333 @ 1.2625V. I just installed the latest AI Suite and it's stable. I can't find the option to set vcore though... can I dial in the vcore I want and where is it? What mode do I need to run it to access it (Booster or NOS)?

Thanks!

Edited by graysky