which will help me the most?

GuJuMaN89

For what you're doing, learn the basics of C on your own, and then C++ will make much more sense. One beef I have with the latter is that it immediately has you using stuff that you won't understand for awhile, you'll just understand that it works.

Yeah, definitely take C++. I took a year of that in high school and it helped a lot in college. In college there were about 30 people in the Computer Science class (based in the Java language). By second semester that year there were 6, and those were the ones who took C++ previously. As for OOP, I don't mind it as much, although this may be because my professors have brainwashed me. It wouldn't hurt to dabble in it, though.

Good, now work on x86 assembly :P.

Good luck with the dual major. Gonna be hard, but it'll be worth it in the end. To quote one site I frequent:

"Humans rely entirely on computers. If you have the power to take them down, you have the power to take down humanity."

I will reply to your PM tomorrow mate ;)

OOP is horrible. Even the smartest people I know hate it (markiemrboo)! OOP is ... well ... I did classes in it and I did an Accounting degree ... let's just say that much. If you can avoid it ... avoid it like the plague.

No you don't. You hate it like everyone else does.

:lol: haha. It's not so much the programming using objects and classes that I hate. I don't mind that at all. But when it comes to drawing those silly... diagrams..... it's just pure undiluted urgh!