which will help me the most?

GuJuMaN89

ok so im planning my full college career and such, and im doing electrical engineering at UF.

i also want to get a good background on programming so i can develop applications and such and maybe work as a computer programmer too(but not mainstream).

would it be better to take c++ or visual basic backgrounds if u had to choose one.

also, should i take the object orianted programming classes too or will the surface of OOP which is covered in the c++ classes be enuf?

I will reply to your PM tomorrow mate ;)

OOP is horrible. Even the smartest people I know hate it (markiemrboo)! OOP is ... well ... I did classes in it and I did an Accounting degree ... let's just say that much. If you can avoid it ... avoid it like the plague.

ok cool.

so would c++ or VB be better if i wanted to do computer programming on the side?(if u had to choose one).

because i have to take intro to c++ no matter what, but then im given the option to go onto intermidiate and advanced c++ or go into VB

take C++... if you know C/C++ you can pretty much understand and adapt to any other language... the same cannot be said about VB, although it can be handy for quick scripting in MS Office and the like...

I will reply to your PM tomorrow mate ;)

OOP is horrible. Even the smartest people I know hate it (markiemrboo)! OOP is ... well ... I did classes in it and I did an Accounting degree ... let's just say that much. If you can avoid it ... avoid it like the plague.

I love OOP :lol::ph34r:

prepare for hell... that is one of the hardest combinations to do... believe me... I did it lol

hard, but one of the best and worthwhile choices you could make though