Howto: Overclock C2Q (quads) And C2D (duals) - A Guide V1.7

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi.. jus wana ask u mention that the ratio should be 1:1.. thn if im going to buy Q6600 i should buy ram with frequency of 667mhz or 800mhz??? n will this make any big diff??/

It'll only make a difference if you want to use a ratio that's NOT 1:1... in that case, you'll probably want RAM that's faster than 800.

You only joined 8 hours ago and most new members don't post epic guides right after joining; they're usually asking how to overclock their Dell's hard drive so they can download faster, so you'll have to excuse my skepticism

Thats a simple one, just mount the hard drive upside down, just like you do with the old playstations. :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

cool guide, i didnt see it when you first posted. One thing though, are the CoreTemp readings correct on C2D dual core's (particulary my 4300 lol) because had used that program a while ago but noticed the temps where MUCH lower than they should be, usually reading around 20 degree's which is probably even cool than ambient lol. So far i have been used ITAT but i noticed that you didnt approve of it in the guide.......

cool guide, i didnt see it when you first posted. One thing though, are the CoreTemp readings correct on C2D dual core's (particulary my 4300 lol) because had used that program a while ago but noticed the temps where MUCH lower than they should be, usually reading around 20 degree's which is probably even cool than ambient lol. So far i have been used ITAT but i noticed that you didnt approve of it in the guide.......

Thanks for kind words. You might wanna try speedfan also (I'd recommend using the latest beta which has MANY temp/CPU detection problems fixed) to see how it compares to the coretemp readings. Also try posting a screenshot of 0.95.4 at the coretemp forums to see what the folks over there have to say about your temps.

Although when I tried this, I saw no difference, try switching the state of your PECI in your BIOS and see if that has an effect...

Do let us know :)

Well it seems the beta version is alot better than the other version i was using. It reads my temps about 2-3 degrees lower than ITAT which i suppose is ok, however i'll let the screen shot do the talking for speedfan lol

post-18501-1194189315_thumb.jpg

Edited by Comp Dude2

Well it seems the beta version is alot better than the other version i was using. It reads my temps about 2-3 degrees lower than ITAT which i suppose is ok, however i'll let the screen shot do the talking for speedfan lol

Temp1: 39
Temp2: 15
Temp3: -2
HD0: 31
Core0: 23 
Core1: 24

Looks good to me... I would just switch off Temp2 and Temp3. I'm assuming that Temp1 is your NB temp. BTW, you can rename them in the software, e.g. Temp1 rename to NB Temp. What does CT 0.95.4 report?