not what I expected

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying my ram @ 1T command rate resulted in a BSOD after splash screen, BUT right now I am doing a 32mb pi run with my ram @ ddr 1080. I think I may be able to push this to DDR1100 :D

Here she goes, I'm loving this mushkin ram.

Guest ecthlipsis
Trying my ram @ 1T command rate resulted in a BSOD after splash screen, BUT right now I am doing a 32mb pi run with my ram @ ddr 1080. I think I may be able to push this to DDR1100 :D

Here she goes, I'm loving this mushkin ram.

1T is EXTREMELY difficult to get with DDR2, especially OC'ed DDR2. I've seen a few really high-bin ram chips that were even rated at 1T (I think it was some GEIL with top-end D9's), but this is really rare.

1T is EXTREMELY difficult to get with DDR2, especially OC'ed DDR2. I've seen a few really high-bin ram chips that were even rated at 1T (I think it was some GEIL with top-end D9's), but this is really rare.

don't forget expensive :lol: I don't mind staying with 2T command rate, as long as I can get the most out of it then I'll be satisfied.

Guest ecthlipsis
don't forget expensive :lol: I don't mind staying with 2T command rate, as long as I can get the most out of it then I'll be satisfied.

It is rather pricey, but 1T is freakin' hot. Talk about some low latency ram. That's about the one thing SD ram had going for it, as it was ridiculously easy to run in 1T (provided you weren't using dual-dual channel like I was, hehe). I don't know if this is accurate, but I've heard the simple way to interpret the command rates is pretty much to add the number timing to the other timings. Thus, in 2T 4-4-4-12 ram would essentially be running about 6-6-6-14. If that's the case, then running in 1T would really get some nice latencies. This seems oversimplified to me, so I'll probably look into it later. Not that it really matters as I can only use 2T anyway, but still. If anyone has their facts straight feel free to clarify. Even if that is accurate I know I'm not explaining it well, as obviously the ram isn't really running at 6-6-6-14.