Sign in to follow this  
ill_industries

Hackers the movie (1995)

i know this movie is old as dirt and many have not seen it or remember it, but i bought the movie about a year ago and am interested in finding out depending on how much you know about this movie, this is my question... i am looking for a list of the laptops that were used, specifically the clear one that was shipped to Dade

what the heck is that thing? is it a mac? is there any way that some one out there would possibly know the model?

i have tried emailing most of the old movie websites to find out that most of them do not exist or the site admin just wont reply to emails from their listed address.

if you know what that thing is or could point me in a better direction, that would be awesome!

thanks

yeah, I haven't seen that movie in a long time either. a pic of the computer might help.

Those old laptops all look alike... compared to todays anyway... if you match the color then you will pretty much have it lol

I know which laptop your talking about but i have no idea what brand it mite have been, but yiou must also remember that it was a movie and it could have been just a prop and not a real brand anyway

most of them weren't real anyway. that thing was just a prop.

Most of the 'tech' in Hackers was fake, and the laptops (if I remember correctly) were running pre-rendered (obviously) video, as they were props. Remember people, flashing lights makes it go faster!

Most of the 'tech' in Hackers was fake, and the laptops (if I remember correctly) were running pre-rendered (obviously) video, as they were props. Remember people, flashing lights makes it go faster!
Yea and the screen projected what they were viewing onto their faces... :D

And all the flashing lights and the *bleep* *blip* *bloop* noises every time someone used a computer :rolleyes:

God I hate Hollywood movies... (yet I love them so much) :lol:

Guest ecthlipsis

Hacking in movies is just pure genius. I just mentioned that in a different post. Remember the Da'Vinci virus in Hackers? It was like a video of a man saying "row row row your boat" You remember that? lol... In movies people are like "Hey, I think I'm going to turn off this guy's credit" and 10 seconds later they somehow have control of all 3 credit companies and bankrupt the guy. I'd be surprised if the best hacker in the world could do that in a month, if ever.

In regards to that computer... I don't remember, and why do you care? I'm sure it was some modded POS anyway and even if you found one, what are you going to do with a 200mhz cpu? lol