Building a computer

I am going to be building a rig for the summer and I am on a tight budget. I have all the components listed below.

CPU:Intel C2D E6600

RAM:G.SKILL 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

HDD:150GB Raptor

Video Card:EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

Sound Card:Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty

PSU:COOLMAX CW-650T EPS12V 650W

Mobo:MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX

Case:COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW

Cooling:ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't kept up on the latest and best parts, but I can tell you that it looks really good right now.

How about you state a max budget so others know how much room they have to work with when they make their reccomendations.

Although the Power supply you chose is not the worst, it also isn't the best. Especially for the money Spent.

Have a look at these Guides.

OCC PUS Guide

Tech Forum PSU Guide

Ok my max budget is 1,500.00$ and the only reason I chose the psu because it was a combo deal with the mobo but I will probably choose a different one. I will be choosing xp pro x64 also so I hope that runs great. Any other suggestions?

Ok my max budget is 1,500.00$ and the only reason I chose the psu because it was a combo deal with the mobo but I will probably choose a different one. I will be choosing xp pro x64 also so I hope that runs great. Any other suggestions?

Check that drivers won't be a problem first if you going 64bit.

Guest ecthlipsis

64-bit OS's are buggy as hell, as drivers never work with them correctly. Stay far away.

In regards to the system itself, it's looking quite good but I don't know why you said you're on a budget... that is some nice stuff. I agree about the PSU, though, you could do better. Also, the X-Fi Fatal1ty is a waste of cash... all of the X-Fi's, excluding the Xtreme Audio (lowest end) and Elite (top-end) are pretty much exactly the same in every possible way. Unless the fatal1ty offers a specific feature you're looking for that the Xtreme gamer doesn't, there is no reason to spend the extra money. The sound quality itself will be 100% identical.

Also, you may want to consider the GTX over the GTS for future proofing purposes. You could always pick up a 2nd GTS later for cheap, though, as I plan to do.