Please help with liquid

First off my last name is Stinson :P the fact that I share the name as an aircraft is a coincidence...

And yes I've purchased a converter that allows you to plug a GA aircraft headset into it and it converts it into basic 1/8 inch computer headset and mic plugs. It's quite usefull

Kevin

i don't understand WHY you use them. i guess theyre useful if you dont mind all the weight on your head. logitech makes a decent $35 headset with mic that works quite well.

i use earbuds that cost me $25 and have better audio than any Aviation headset ive ever used....including the ANR ones ive had in the past.

i just dont get it.....but hey its your thing and thats how you roll. good luck

(didnt mean to hijack....back to swimming chips)

Edited by robAP

I have a Senheiser headset that I won in a raffle (almost a 1000 bucks for it) and the sound quality is crystal clear both in the airplane and gaming behind the computer :P

Back on topic however: I've been reading around and have noted that CoolIt systems has fixed the Eliminator so that the mounting problems have been fixed as has the TEC malfunction problems. Also sports nicer thermal paste (AS ceramiq i beleive). Going back to the Koolance water cooling system, why is it such a bad choice? It looks like a great design (although as I said before I'm new to the owrld of custom computers)

Thanks,

Kevin

Edited by stinsonk

The weak pump and the small 3/8 size they use on there systems, there cooling blocks suck, so does the radiator. Everything is just made of non performing junk. Heres my old Koolance rig look how small the lines are and look at the cooling block compared to the next picture. I had to add a new pump and cooling block just to cool the Cpu.

koolancejb3.jpg

insidecasens5.jpg

Edited by road-runner

Ya i definatly see now haw the koolance aint that great (too bad it looks SWEET from the outside...)

A few people are helping me put together a custom system with Swiftech parts and a thermochill radiator. My only question is about draining. How do I go about draining a WC system both with and without a drain port? Where does the drainport get put into the system and do I really need one? Lastly when would I have to drain system? The entire setup will be in a case away from comp if you need this info (pipes run into comp to CPU block)

Cheers,

Kevin

I am going to put a T with a piece of hose and a plug in the lowest part of my system in case I need to drain mine to change the water and coolant once a year. With the drain you can kind of catch the water in a container instead of say undoing the clamp and it going everywhere