The game that made you a gamer

robAP

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITs hard to think back at what defined you as a gamer and made you yearn for more games...

Console:

WonderBoy for SMS (I used to play that ALL the time)

PC:

Zaxon on my Tandy or Commander Keen on my 286

isn't the Tandy older than you?

isn't the Tandy older than you?

Yes...

Why does that matter?

Maybe I grew up poor and we couldn't afford $2000 computers back then so we had to embrace the classics?!! :angry:

:lol:

Yes...

Why does that matter?

Maybe I grew up poor and we couldn't afford $2000 computers back then so we had to embrace the classics?!! :angry:

:lol:

I found my tandy at the dump...but had a 2k dollar Pentium MMX !!! Oh yeah!! SPEEED!!! 4 frickin megs o ram!!! yea baby!

I found my tandy at the dump..
I love these things. Green screen, no harddrive, 5 1/4" floppy drive, integrated keyboard, 128K memory.... Ahhhhh goodneses

coco3systemej8.th.jpg

(minus the tape drive)

• 1 month later...

For console, it would've been Super Mario Bros. on the NES. I saw a friend play it one time and thought it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen, and begged for a NES after that.

As for the PC, the first PC game that I played and really got into was the Quest for Glory series. It was like getting my fix of D&D...but without the paper trail. And lots of cheezy humor to boot! Good stuff. :)

Mine was deltaforce landwarior (@ronbo191 lol) on an amd k6 550Mhz voodoo 3000 3dfx. soundblaster 16.

I have a TS server on it now and just for kicks it's the computer i'm writing this post on..lol