The game that made you a gamer

robAP

duke nukem <-- all time favourite

same here, i have all the expansion packs and probably 3000 custom multiplayer maps from back in the day when i played it online via kali.

before that i played doom 2 alot.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly Final Fantasy 8 (i think there were loads) because although i never got very far in it, it gave me a dream to find a game that would submerge me into another world and this left me searching (i have never found it btw) But the first game i really played (apart from pokemon when i was really small) was Gran Turismo 2, a great game definatly and one that i completed and perfected.

console--Asteroids, Pitfall

pc--I remember playing a game called Aztec on a friends Apple ][e. 2D, monochrome, crappy animation...the golden days of gaming!! :lol: Oh, and an old dos game called Zork, anyone remember that one?

modern game that got me back into gaming--probably UT2003(and 2004), or BF1942

Mario on the NES was the first game I played with any intensity. After that it was Mario and Zelda on the SNES, Golden Eye and Rogue Squadron on the N64, Doom, Sid Meier's Gettysburg and Age of Empires on the PC, and it all spawned from there.

ITs hard to think back at what defined you as a gamer and made you yearn for more games...

Console:

WonderBoy for SMS (I used to play that ALL the time)

PC:

Zaxon on my Tandy or Commander Keen on my 286

i was introduced to pc games with DOOM maybe 12-13 years ago on this kids computer than i played crash bandicot on the psx and finally starcraft got me into Pc gaming