The game that made you a gamer

robAP

So what's the one game you played long ago that made you a gamer! a fan of gaming and an enthusiast for life. what game was it atht you played and what wqs it that you loved and still love about that game?

for me?

-the old Starflight. i loved it because it was an open ended exploration space game that was easy and simple but had a focused plot and solid play and interface. your crew was adjustable and trainable and your ship was also adjustable with equipment. that was fantastic.

-next was star command. same sort of game but your crew got to fight on the planets too and you could arm them with all kinds of stuff.

-the total clincher was Sentinel worlds 1, and that was the total package of interplay with non-player characters in their daily life and all the features of the previous two games.

-that and the origional Indy 500 game's cool physics and the ENDLESS LAPS i put in on its sequel "Indycar Racing" searching for the perfect lap at michigan was all it took in the mid to late 80's and early 90's to make me a fan for life of anything involving proper physics racing sims and inteligent adjustable character FPS/adventure games. i just hope for innovation in the games to return.

so what was your favorites that made you such a fan of gaming?

Edited by robAP

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemmings! I mean the old school lemmings that looked like it was done in ms paint: DOS Lemmings. :wub: I remember playing that on an old computer my family used to have. (I don't remember which version of DOS it was.) I remember playing that well into the night listening to all the sounds come out of the speaker on the motherboard.

Oh, how I miss watching lemmings suicide while the Can-Can played away. :wub:

I started gaming on the old Atari 2600. My faves were Hero and Space Invaders. Pitfall was a lot of fun to. The very first game I ever played though was Colecovision, it was a pong type of game, but awesome at the time.