AM2 X2 3800(65W) on eVGA 122-M2-NF59

I figured you might try and pull the GPM argument on me. To compare stock laing D5 to a stock DDC-2 would be quite inaccurate so I'll just give you a link to the petratech DDC-2 http://www.petrastechshop.com/peddcudeddcp.html.

Now if you think GPM is the closest thing you need to look at in a pump than I highly suggest you read this article

Edited by DeAdLy_MaNgO

I realise that GPM varies with head pressure, that's why I mentioned that the DDC-2 would be better for higher head pressure systems...

curiosity got the better of me so I read the values of the graph from the modded DDC2 off the link you provided and plotted it against the D5, both at 12V:

laingpumpcomparisonbh0.gif

so for higher head pressure, low flowrate systems, the DDC2 is clearly the better performer, but for low head pressure and high flowrate, the D5 still has the edge

that's pretty interesting about the difference the DDCT-01s makes, I didn't realise it increased the performance as much as it does... certainly proving it's worth as a "fancy pants" modification hehe :D

I designed my watercooling for the lowest head pressure and highest flowrate... sadly I don't have anything to measure the flowrate, but I'm happy with the temperature dissipation anyway... my system is certainly going to be put to the test in the next few days when I add something into the mix ;)