Well its here, time to go to work

My 2900XT got here today, one more package with my cooling stuff will be here tomorrow. I guess I will be busy this weekend. :D

dsc00127ub2.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woa, the card looks SWEET! But what I find more amazing is the size of that Enermax!!! Sheesh that things a monster!! Congrats man, git 'er folding ;):foldon:

Yea it is I have mod the case so it will fit! I should have got that 850 watt

Nice! I think that's the first 2900 anyone's posted here, apart from Raven's review, of course.

I certainly don't envy you with the work ahead, though :) I hope you've got a few shoehorns to get all that stuff into a P180 :P

Keep us posted though, and good luck!

Decided to go ahead and install the card and see what it will do on air. I uninstalled all the ATI drivers and shut the rig down and changed cards and the computers appears to be booting but nothing on the monitor and theres a little red light on on the card itself. I forgot to set my OC to stock so I put the old card back in and booted into the bios and removed the OC everything works fine other than no drivers. I shut it down put the card in @ stock speed and still no picture on the monitor and that little red light is on. And yes I hooked up the PCIE 6 pin plug. I am thinking the PSU is not putting out enough its the Antec 500 watt modular. I guess I need to hook up the Enermax if it does not work then its got to be a bad card :(

Decided to go ahead and install the card and see what it will do on air. I uninstalled all the ATI drivers and shut the rig down and changed cards and the computers appears to be booting but nothing on the monitor and theres a little red light on on the card itself. I forgot to set my OC to stock so I put the old card back in and booted into the bios and removed the OC everything works fine other than no drivers. I shut it down put the card in @ stock speed and still no picture on the monitor and that little red light is on. And yes I hooked up the PCIE 6 pin plug. I am thinking the PSU is not putting out enough its the Antec 500 watt modular. I guess I need to hook up the Enermax if it does not work then its got to be a bad card :(

It only requires one 6 Pin?

hrmm, My GTX needs two...

Anyways, have fun with it.

Give us a 3Dmark06 asap..

Its supposed to run on one 6 pin but has an optional 8 pin beside it. All the reviews I read said it would run stock and with a mild OC with one 6 pin but if you wanted to OC real far plug in the 8 pin also. I am fixing to try the Galaxy with it and both plugs.