Logitech

Guest ecthlipsis

Guest ecthlipsis

Looks like it will be the Z-5500's again. My cousin has had them for years and I have always been hella jealous... the fidelity is incredible. As a side note, NewEgg refunded my money, minus shipping, so I was out my time and $32.00. I bitched at them and now they're giving me that back too. As if receiving a dead product, trouble shooting it for 2-3 hours, repacking it, shipping it, waiting for a reply and now having to buy them again elsewhere wasn't a big enough hassle lol.

Btw, amusing how this thread turned into a debate on "wireless". I had heard about the wireless variant of the 5500's but actually thought they would take batteries. While that would be a real headache and waste of money, at least it would have been real wireless. It actually serves no point what-so-ever, other than being slightly weaker and having more issues, haha.

I agree with hardnrg, though. People really do need to realize that power either comes in batteries or an outlet. Unless someone decided to make some kickass solar speakers =D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ecthlipsis

Ya know... I was thinking about that wireless power. If and when it does become available to the public, there will just be one more dang thing I need to worry about my neighbors stealing, lol. How would you "lock" the power anyway? Stick a WEP key on it? Hehe..

Because then you can think you actually know something about speaker systems, and can be safe in the knowledge you paid 4 times more than everyone else for a name badge slapped on a water cooler cup with some wire wrapped round it. Hell, it must be good if it's bought by old people who see an ad for a 'risk free' trial on the back of a Sunday newspaper magazine ;)

Even so, they are no where near the best... and never have been... even remotely... ever... at all... :P

Well, I've always been told to go with Bose speakers if you can dish out the cash (I'm not really big in audio so......ya) so that's what comes to my mind in terms of good speakers :P

Well, I've always been told to go with Bose speakers if you can dish out the cash (I'm not really big in audio so......ya) so that's what comes to my mind in terms of good speakers :P

From who your grandfather? :lol: