The aim of this thread is to provide proof that you don't need to run out and buy a high power PSU
to run an average Hi-End system today.
So, I would like everyone to take note if you see someone running a 'high power' system on what you
may consider an underpowered PSU, and post a link to it in here.
If some of you want to get hands on with it as well and try powering your main gaming/overclocked
system with a lower power PSU, then that would be great (you might have a decent lower powered PSU
hanging around in a secondary rig).
I'll start off by posting a couple of links to systems running on one of the lowest rated PSUs on the Recommended List:
The Antec Earthwatts 380W
System 1 - Link Here
2. e6600 @ 3.6GHz with 1.47v vcore
3. 4x1GB DDR2 RAM.
4. 2xSATA 7200RPM HHD and DVD burner.
5. P5W64 WS Pro motherboard.
6. 4 pretty low-power fans, including yate-loon slow inside the tuniq and whatever is inside of the 8800GTX.
7. misc. extension cards that come and go
System 2 - Link Here
e6600 @ 3.1Ghz - 1.4125v in bios
Sapphire x1900 XT 512MB – stock
2 x 1GB DDR2 @ 688 – 2.1v
4 HD + an optical
4 Case fans
I'll be looking around for more and posting them here and I would encourage you to do the same.