Some FSB Help Please

I think something is wrong with your ram if you cant pump voltage over 2.1vdimm. If anything can you force your ram to 800mhz just to separate 1 factor that may affect your system from overclocking. I think work with the cpu first and then the ram. Thats how I did it to get my 680i evga to work stable @ 3.4ghz since I have a poor overclocking e6600.

I'm in love with my Evga 680i board and my Asus P5WDH-Deluxe :lol:

Swifty,

Ran multitudes of tests including MEMTEST and Vista's mem test on the RAM with no errors. I just don't think the memory needs that much voltage for now. Even at 1066MHz, I only needed 2.05 to 2.1v depending on the FSB.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swifty,

Ran multitudes of tests including MEMTEST and Vista's mem test on the RAM with no errors. I just don't think the memory needs that much voltage for now. Even at 1066MHz, I only needed 2.05 to 2.1v depending on the FSB.

I'm pumping either 2.2vdimm or 2.3vdimm just in case.

• 1 month later...

This post is a bit old but I wanted to help with your striker extreme issue. I have the same board, corsair dominator, and the qx6700 as well.

So far Ive managed to get up to 3.8ghz. Let me know if your interested and Ill post orthos and all my bios settings for you. Talk soon!! :thumbs-up: