5950 Ultra gone crazy, maybe?!

Hi there.

I acquired a generic Nvidia 5900 a couple of years back, and successfully flashed the BIOS with a Leadtek 5950 Ultra one. It worked fine for a long time but recently started to crash when using 3D apps and games. I noticed that the default memory setting is apparently 1.90 GHz (as opposed to the 950MHz, that is, 475 double-pumped I believe it should be)? Unfortunately when I try to lower the Mem speed to 900 (or less) the Nvidia GPU test utility says it won't work and resets to 1.90GHz.

Anyone else come across this anomaly, and if so, a way to work around it? I've tried various newer and older drivers but haven't found a decent BIOS to flash back to a 5900 and would rather not have to if possible...

Any pointers welcome! Cheers

my gddr speeds in the nv control panel are also twice what they should be... the reading is wrong, the actual speed is correct... for some reason, the nv drivers are reading the speed wrong and doubling it twice instead of once...

just bear this in mind and, for example, set it to 1.8GHz for an actual DDR speed of 900

Darn! I mean that's good in a way but it also means that overclocked Mem settings aren't the cause of the crashes/lock-ups I've been experiencing with this card (way out of warranty of course)!

Good to know that tho anyway, thx! Another thing crossed off the 'causes' list.. :)