Replace every 80 MM

I was thinking of replaceing every fan in my case with one of these: ENERMAX UC-8EB 80mm Case Fan

Even PSU and CPU fans. Will this make my system quiet? I know my CPU fan sounds as loud as an AC... I will have to test the noise of existing fans...but i think this will be a good idea?

Most information I've seen around suggests they are pretty quiet, though a few people have mentioned vibration which seems to be due to the unique bearing design.

They aren't too expensive so I would give it a go.

If you are going to buy a lot (I don't know how many fans you have in your case) then you might want to start with one and see if you like it.

Also, depending on your CPU heatsink, temperatures might not be great with a low airflow fan like that.

Edited by jammin

Often, a psu fan is loud because it needs to shift that much air... I'd recommend a Panaflo M1A, but if you want to make it silent then possibly a Noctua NF-R8 or SilenX IXP-54-14

the Enermax might make your case quiet, but 24cfm isn't very much airflow at all... that's like a rat fart amount of airflow... not good for PSUs

Often, a psu fan is loud because it needs to shift that much air... I'd recommend a Panaflo M1A, but if you want to make it silent then possibly a Noctua NF-R8 or SilenX IXP-54-14

the Enermax might make your case quiet, but 24cfm isn't very much airflow at all... that's like a rat fart amount of airflow... not good for PSUs

I am a mess when it comes to computers. When you take a guy who's best CPU until 2001 was a 200 MHz Pentium, you get one confused mofo.

the first line suggest three makes and models of fans...

CFM = cubic feet per minute... a rate used to measure airflow... basically a PSU gets hot and needs *some* airflow, which most "silent" fans don't have much of... same goes for CPU... and to some extent the case too

the first line suggest three makes and models of fans...

CFM = cubic feet per minute... a rate used to measure airflow... basically a PSU gets hot and needs *some* airflow, which most "silent" fans don't have much of... same goes for CPU... and to some extent the case too

I am considering a fan less PSU and a bunch of GIANT heat sinks... then i think i'll put one fan in the rear...will that work?

more fans = better cooling

better cooling = higher overclock @ less voltage

higher overclock = pwnage

pwnage = me (not nrg :P)

Was that the 939 competition thread you posted something like this nrg? :lol:

more fans = better cooling

better cooling = higher overclock @ less voltage

higher overclock = pwnage

pwnage = me (not nrg :P)

Was that the 939 competition thread you posted something like this nrg? :lol:

I have tried and tried to OC this thing (2.2) and only got it at a stable 2.64 and only an unstable 2.8...all the guys at newegg said it will OC well :( (but those are reviews...)