Nemo

Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

i dunno, but when it happens to me (very rarely) i Ctrl+C, and restart the client

i dunno, but when it happens to me (very rarely) i Ctrl+C, and restart the client

Same course of action that I would take... but I abandoned the VMWARE setup a week ago for that same reason. The windows client, while a little slower, is more stable and less of an issue ...

I tried that and it done the same thing just sits there. I have been modifying the SMB conf file for file sharing etc. had everything working fine until I used windows update yesterday and restarted then I was getting errors about files being moved to the memory etc. it was to do with the sound on my computer. I had to use restore to get everything back working so I tried the update again and the same thing. Had to uninstall the update and restore again my machine kept freezing up and everything was going crazy. I see now on the home page here that Microsoft said the update screwed up a lot of computers. I reinstalled it last night got to configure Samba again.

Edited by road-runner

I have been having crazy problems with the Windows SMP Client. So i got the Idea from NRG to use VMWARE and linux.

Problem is, I have absolutely no idea how to set it up.

Could someone point me to a guide? Or if a guide does not exsist. PM me, or write the steps here?

I PMed NRG but he hasn't responded yet.

I just wanna get folding again and, well, Ill go insane if I have one more problem with the windows version of the client... :angry2:

EDIT: NVM, Im retarded.... Found Guide..

Will it matter that I have an E6600, which I am not sure is 64 Bit?

It is 64 bit and you have to have 64 bit linux in order to use the smp folding. You will also have to enable virtualization technology in your bios for vmware

Edited by road-runner

It is 64 bit and you have to have 64 bit linux in order to use the smp folding. You will also have to enable virtualization technology in your bios for vmware

Alrighty then.

Thanks.

7.04 lets you run your OC higher than 6.10! I have my ram on an upwards divider right now, so it's running 500MHz instead of 400, which is not possibly since I run 7.04. When I had 6.10 I would get errors frequently.