Nemo

Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

Have you all considered using the finstall script to install it as a service and that way you have 0 buttons instead of 1 or 2 :)

Edited by Nemo

Have you all considered using the finstall script to install it as a service and that way you have 0 buttons instead of 1 or 2 :)

I use finstall but never installed it as a service. I just open a terminal, or switch to command line, and navigate to my folding directory like so

cd f*

./folding start

and it starts and its wonderful

I found this finstall script.....but as a Lenux noob it's way over my head :blink:

I am going to install it like I did on my other dual boot, from the disc. Installing drivers and SP2 now have to get those 9,000 M$ security updates. Hopefully I will have the new E6300 folding SMP later tonight or tomorrow. I have to OC it first. :foldon:

basically, if your in ubuntu, youd want to do this

wget http://ranume.radionet.ee/folding/finstall

chmod +x finstall

./finstall

-or-

./finstall smp if you want it to install the smp variety

If I shut the client down and install finstall will I lose the work it has done on the current WU.....or should I just wait till the WU completes?

If I shut the client down and install finstall will I lose the work it has done on the current WU.....or should I just wait till the WU completes?

The finstall script will install to a new directory, so I would recommend that you finish the current WU before moving on.

The finstall script will install to a new directory, so I would recommend that you finish the current WU before moving on.

I'll wait then and give it a shot tomorrow :)

wow i just got done with one of the monster 1760 point WUs... man that's a lot of points :lol:

and now i've got another :)