Need Help Quick!

Hey guys,

I was ocing my machine, and everything seemed to run fine. Prime 95 ran stable for an hour, my temps were not the best but could have been worse at 58c, then after about 30 minutes of playing rainbow six vegas, my computer did a bsod and when it rebooted nothing happened. My computer won't even post now. I tried clearing the cmos, but no dice. If the computer won't even post, does that mean the CPU got toasted, the motherboard got toasted, or the ram got toasted? Please any thing helps.

This really sucks :(

Hey guys,

I was ocing my machine, and everything seemed to run fine. Prime 95 ran stable for an hour, my temps were not the best but could have been worse at 58c, then after about 30 minutes of playing rainbow six vegas, my computer did a bsod and when it rebooted nothing happened. My computer won't even post now. I tried clearing the cmos, but no dice. If the computer won't even post, does that mean the CPU got toasted, the motherboard got toasted, or the ram got toasted? Please any thing helps.

This really sucks :(

try removing the battery for 5minutes . issue that caused it may be a number of things.:-

memory or cpu stability 1hr isn't much are u using orthos which automatically tests both cores

may be gfx drivers, i've not had driver isssues but the 158.19 have run much better for me than earlier ones.

what's the 12v amps on your psu??

luck:D

I know, I know, bad title. I was really panicking. I tried removing the battery, reseting the bios, I get nothing. No beeps, no noises, nothing on the screen. Everything powers on but nothing happens at all. I don't think it's the ram, cause when i was ocing, the ram was actually underclocked. The only question is whether it's the cpu or the motherboard. I did up the nb voltage to 1.4v and the vcore on the cpu to 1.4 as well, but I don't think those are really outrageous numbers or anything. My guess is it's the motherboard that's fried. I'm not gonna take any chances though and I'm just gonna have newegg RMA both. What a pain in the ..

I wish, it's the only core 2 system I have. Plus my old pentium 4 is not the lga 775 variety, also, all my other systems are AGP. I don't have any other DDR2 ram to throw in there. As you can tell, I have pretty much no way to trouble shoot the issue and see which part is broken. It's really stupid.

I figure, if I rma everything, the problem will be fixed. Sure newegg won't like it, but that's not my problem :):lol:

Edited by andrusk

hmmmm, the other rig I'm running has a 500w something or other power supply. I wonder if it would be compatible with my new motherboard. Either way, it's already to late. I've dissasembled my rig and packed up my motherboard and cpu for shipment, and requested the rma from newegg. All I have to do now is wait. That's the best part right? Waiting forever......... uggg

I killed an MSI K8N Neo2 Plat that way. I had another mobo to check it out with, though. I still had a few months left on my warranty, so I got new one on RMA and it is just sitting here waiting for someone to buy it. I am glad I went with the Core2 system. I'm sure you'll be fine, just take it a little slower next time.

:lol: Yeah, it's just been so long since I've overclocked I was really getting into it, and like you said, I think I went just a wee bit too fast. I think what happened is the north bridge got too hot. I won't make that mistake again though, next time I'm putting a little fan right on top of that north bridge, that'll show it who's boss!! :lol: Edited by andrusk