Help (noob) on how best to set up these drives, please.

macscott

Please forgive my ignorance, I am trying to put together my first gaming rig and I am having trouble figuring out the best way to run these 2 drives. I got the Raptor to load XP Pro and my games and Apps on and the 320gig for pics, music and docs ect.

My questions are:

1) what is the best way to set this up. (do I use any type of raid set up)

2) Should I partition the Raptor with os on one and games and apps on one? (How big a partition)

3) Should I partition the WD320?

Thanks in advance for any advise. :thumbs-up:

Edited by macscott

You dont need to partition the drives (unless your going to dual boot), it could become a hassle when you start to fill them up, especially for defraging. You cant put those drives in RAID, so what I would do is put your OS and games on your raptor (apps can go there too, but it shouldnt make too much of a difference) and keep your 320gb HDD for everything else.

Edited by SMeeD

You dont need to partition the drives (unless your going to dual boot), it could become a hassle when you start to fill them up, especially for defraging. You cant put those drives in RAID, so what I would do is put your OS and games on your raptor (apps can go there too, but it shouldnt make too much of a difference) and keep your 320gb HDD for everything else.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like I just load windows and don't need to load any raid drivers. I will search for a good step by step xp installation guide for intel chipsets. Thanks again.

Edited by macscott