Installling C&C3

Fireonice

Well im sitting here installing Comand and conquer 3. I managed to scratch the disk pritty badly... I'v used my skip dr. at least 20 times, its installing but its slowwwww. How many times does the installer bar reset!! its on its 3erd time and i think somethings up <_< Scratched disks suck!!!!

this is one of those times that i wish games didnt have copy-protection on them (not that it does anything, starforce seem to be the only one that accaully stop people) i suggest you find a copy "from a freind" and use your cdkey

Ya i think im going to have to do something similar to that. This really sucks thou. I was going to make a .iso of the disk because i can acually transfer all the files over but i dont have any black dvds with higher than 4.7 gigs.

Im just going to have to play stalker instead :)

Either make an image with your current disc, or *not sure if this is allowed* use UseNext or a torrent to download and when you install it use your CD key, I don't think it's illegal because it's just a "backup" really....

Try a different DVD/CD drive. I have a few horribly scratched disks that just flat out won't work on my NEC/Sony/Samsung drives. But if I stick it in my old 2.4X Pioneer DVD drive, I won't get any sort of CRC errors.

Some drives are just better at reading scratched/dirty disks than others.

its illegal to distribut games,movies, music etc over the web. it isnt illegal to have it once you got it if you own the real thing.

ever read those warnings?

"i will not make copyies or distribut (blank) for anything but personal use"

I was not advocating piracy, if you have a problem with my post let me know, but don't just delete it. That's stupid.

Forum ninjas, sneaking up and killing posts for no good reason. :ph34r: