Sign in to follow this  
Fireonice

Command and Conquer 3 vs supreme comander

Well im playing Supreme comander and i cant stand how there is 3 differnt units to build buildings (not including the commander) and each tech lvl builds differnt lvl building... Why cant they just make ONE unit that can build everthing <_<. I guess i would have to get use to that as im so use to sc and wc3. Still havnt decided on what game i want to get into.

What game do you guys think is the most popular online?

And i dont really have a problem with EA except when there products dont work.... Thanks for all that info clay even thou it still doesnt help me pick :P

I have C&C3, and I LOVE it! However, I just cant play it.... It crashes so often on my machine that I have given up with it.

If you're having crashes with C&C3 you've got something wrong with your rig. I've played it for 8-10 hours at a time and never had a single crash. My computer isn't exactly running at stock speeds either.

Just got done playing a skrimmish on C&C3 and it was FUN! i jumped into it alot faster than i did with Supreme comander and seemed to enjoy it a little better. I felt like supreme commanders way of building units and buildings was horribly designed... Now time to go buy it :)

I felt like supreme commanders way of building units and buildings was horribly designed... Now time to go buy it :)

Uh, what?

It follows Total Annihilation almost exactly as it is the spiritual successor to that game. What exactly did you think was badly designed? I find the methods in SC a hell of a lot better than in C&C 3.

The big bar at the bottem... Its hudge and in the way. I just didnt agree with how it wanted me to build things. I might try another skrimmage here in a second just to make sure i want C&C3

i have cnc3, its a much more FAST PACED OMG what the heck HOW DID HE DO THAT kinda game, where as supcom is more of a ok....2 hours later and HOLY CRAP THATS ALOT OF UNITS.

Eh, Supreme Commander games only last 2 hours if both players suck. A good player can end a match inside of 20 minutes.

If C+C3 crashes lots, it could be a memory problem. I had it crash once on me with a memory error and then I looked at my uptime...18 days without a restart explained that one. Never had a problem since and yesterday upgraded to 2GB.

Eh, Supreme Commander games only last 2 hours if both players suck. A good player can end a match inside of 20 minutes.

Could you show me these quick matches? like a reply?

There is a patch to make the bottom bar smaller in SupCom. Not to mention scrolling out with the mouse wheel if you need to see more of the battlefield. I also own both games. Its like comparing apples and oranges.

SupCom has a huge amount of strategy involved on online play. C&C 3 has a lot of tank rushers (read annoying). For a lot of varied gameplay I would go with SupCom, for a really cool campaign and quick multiplayer I'd go with C&C.

Note: If you do end up playing the single player campaign, and buy SupCom prepare to spend 1-3 hours per mission. As far as hardware this system plays it fine. My P4 2.8 system plays it well enough for 2v2 matches anything above def needs dual core and at least 2GB ram.

Edited by Cyberbeer

I personaly like C&C3 to.

I originally got the game to find out what happens in the story line but have found multilayer to be fun too in the game. Some times the game crashes on me but I personal think that its a problem in the game and EA will fix it eventually. The different army's are some what even but I think they should even the teams out some more to make the game more fair. Other than those things its a great game to play.