Cellfactor Revolution is out

Celcius

Cellfactor Revolutions is finally out:

http://www.worthdownloading.com/download.p...35&id=11044

(the usa mirror #2 seems to be the fastest option)

Anyone else played it? You can only play 2 levels without an ageia physx card, but it runs great for me and the graphics/physics are really impressive.

It's also lots of fun to operate the mech B:)

Edited by Celcius

No - just an informational post on my part. The forums are here for discussion and that's what Celcius was doing - the reference to the news post is just for those that might wish to read some more about the game in case they aren't familiar with it. Just a little news pimping :P

So? Are we not supposed to create threads about things that have been in the OCC news? That seems silly.

Little defensive, maybe?

No one said that anyone did anything wrong. Nemo was just linking to the news thread since it applies to the topic.

Little defensive, maybe?

No one said that anyone did anything wrong. Nemo was just linking to the news thread since it applies to the topic.

Not defensive, just reacting to Celcius immediately apologizing. Was like what did he do?!?

Game looks neat, laptop wont run it :(

Not defensive, just reacting to Celcius immediately apologizing. Was like what did he do?!?

Fair enough :) ...ah, the joys of text-based communications :P

The game does look good, but I'm a little turned off by the mention of a physx card. I mean that's great for the three people that bought one, but what about the rest of us? :)

Fair enough :) ...ah, the joys of text-based communications :P

The game does look good, but I'm a little turned off by the mention of a physx card. I mean that's great for the three people that bought one, but what about the rest of us? :)

I think that's the whole point of this game. Not to sound too cynical, but when I first heard about this game I checked out the site and looked at the trailers and when I saw that certain levels were only available if you has a PhysX card, my immediate reaction was that AGEIA had underwritten the game in order to get people to buy their card. Checking out the AGEIA web site shows there is another game, Warmonger, in the final stages of development. I guess if the buzz is good enough people will start buying cards.

So do they make those PhysX doo-hickeys for notebooks? Like a PCMCIA version???

From their web site FAQ:

At this point, every AGEIA PhysX Accelerator is configured as a PCI 2.1 add-in board with 128MB GDDR3. The PCI interface is more than adequate for handling complex physics calculations, so changing the design to PCI Express would be simply to address slot availability on the motherboard, not to enhance raw performance.

AGEIA has no plans at this time to create a retail PCI Express product or to introduce additional memory configurations. Some system integrators do offer a PCI Express 1x version of the PhysX Accelerator as a part of a new system configuration.

Edited by Nemo

So do they make those PhysX doo-hickeys for notebooks? Like a PCMCIA version???

I'm not even sure they make them for anything anymore....

I thought that abortion imploded on itself months ago :huh: Newegg lists one PhysX card from BFG, and that's it. Is anyone really selling these cards anymore?

Last time I checked everyone was waiting for the next gen graphics cards with a separate (maybe not physically) physics processor. They're a bit silly if they think 2 games written for PhysX will entice people to buy one.