Crucial BallistiX

Hi Guys,

Just got my Si-128 + HR-05 SLI, went to install them, and while installing the Si-128, I removed my Memory modules (2x 512MB Crucial BallisitiX 2-2-2-6 PC3200)

Installed the Heat sinks, put the ram back in, boot up....... Error Beeps!! Check the diagnostic LEDs, and it says "Memory" so I take both sticks out, clean em off, and re-seat them.

Hit power button, still no joy.

Try the two in every other slot combination, no joy with any of it.

Try them individually, and one works, and one dose not.

Tried the non-working one in another PC, and it wont work there either.

So I am pretty sure its the stick! :(

What can I do?? Is it repairable? How do I start the RMA process with Crucial??

Thanks!

SUCKS being stuck on 512MB.... apparently I am using 89% of my ram just at desktop! :O

I would call the RMA department, that's really the easiest and most straight-forward way to deal with this issue. Sounds like you might have exposed it to a little too much static :(

Call them, number's on the site, took me under 15 mins to have an RMA number and be setup for cross shipping. I called around 12 noon on a Monday, my replacemetn shipped at 2pm, I had my ram Thursday. All i can say is I <3 crucial.

:O

I took a different route :O

Baught a 2GB set. ITs been playing on my mind to upgrade my ram, and this sorta gave me a "reason" :blush::wacko::ph34r:

Gonna RMA this one anyways and sell it.

Thanks for the number! Does that work for the UK too tho??

http://www.crucial.com/company/termsofsale.asp#warranty

In North and South America, customer must obtain a Return Material Authorization ("RMA") number by calling customer service at 1-800-336-8915. Returned product should be shipped to the following address:

Crucial Technology

Attn: RMA Dept - RMA# _______

3475 E. Commercial Court

Meridian, ID 83642

In Europe, customer must obtain a Return Material Authorization ("RMA") number by calling customer service at 0800 013 0335 or +44 (0) 1355 586100. Returned product should be shipped to the following address:

Crucial Technology Europe

Attn: RMA Dept - RMA# ________

12 Redwood Crescent

Peel Park Campus

East Kilbride G74 5PA, U.K.

In Asia and Australia/New Zealand, customer must obtain a Return Material Authorization ("RMA") number by calling customer service at (65) 6278-2425. Returned product should be shipped to the following address:

Crucial Technology Asia

Attn: RMA Dept - RMA# _______

990 Bendemeer Road

Singapore 339942

There ya go, would have done that earlier but i was short on time :D

I just RMA through Crucial for the same exact ram. Just simply follow the instruction and call them, they will give you an RMA # and then you must send it off. You will get two options, cross ship or regular you mail first and then they send you one. They customer service was nice and friendly, hope you don't have any trouble. :)

• 2 weeks later...

RMA'ed yesterday. EPIC customer service! With 10 mins of the Call I had an RMA no# + address! :D

My dad orignaly ordered the ram, and all I had to do was give them his name and post code! They are even sending it to my Uni address, not the one the ram was originally bought from! :D