Proud

Guest ecthlipsis

Guest ecthlipsis

Just finished fine tuning my first memory overclock and got it to what I feel is an impressive level...

433mhz and 4-3-4-8 timings, 100% stable at 2.24 volts.

I had it running at 450mhz 4-4-4-12 but I prefer the tighter timings than the higher frequency.

I'll probably push it a little further before too long =X

post-20732-1178683860_thumb.jpg

Glad you are happy and great job.Good luck with your rig and hope you enjoy it.Wish i could get my amd x2 3800 windsor to do 3 gig though , as right now it is stable @ 2.6 will do 2.7 gig but not for long but i am using a stock h/s/f and got a zalman x2 9500 on the way.Good Day.

Guest ecthlipsis
Glad you are happy and great job.Good luck with your rig and hope you enjoy it.Wish i could get my amd x2 3800 windsor to do 3 gig though , as right now it is stable @ 2.6 will do 2.7 gig but not for long but i am using a stock h/s/f and got a zalman x2 9500 on the way.Good Day.

I wasn't very happy with my AMD for overclocking... dang thing wouldn't stay stable at any decent overclocks. Don't know about the windsor core, though, as mine was Winchester. If you get a chance, definitely pick up the C2D... These things are truly amazing and live up to hype.

Good luck hittin' 3ghz. What temp was it running at anyways? My Winchester also ran a bit hot, even with after-market cooling, but nothing to get concerned over.

Also, how many volts you pumping into it?

Guest ecthlipsis
My volts are @ 1.38 on the cpu as shown here in cpu-z

myamdx226bv0.th.jpg

I ran prime95 stress test for 2 hours 19 minutes and was on "test 1, 7800 512k fft length"

and i seen it reach 113

Yes those core duo 2 are very nice.Do you happen to know anything about a rounding error in prime95? Seems now i am getting it from super-pi , prime95 and occt now all seems to be getting erros at some point.nothing is changed and i play cs source all day long with 20 bots and never crashes are anything.Weird if i say so. may chack ram voltage and or timings perhaps.Good Day.

Just finished fine tuning my first memory overclock and got it to what I feel is an impressive level...

433mhz and 4-3-4-8 timings, 100% stable at 2.24 volts.

I had it running at 450mhz 4-4-4-12 but I prefer the tighter timings than the higher frequency.

I'll probably push it a little further before too long =X

What windows theme are you using there?

Do you happen to know anything about a rounding error in prime95? Seems now i am getting it from super-pi , prime95 and occt now all seems to be getting erros at some point.

if you get ANY errors in ANY of those stability tests, your computer is unstable and may crash in the middle of a clan firefight, in the middle of writing an 80-page report, or during programming... all those activities are things I do on my computer that I have given merely as examples of incredibly important tasks... if my computer crashed when I was doing any of those 3 I would scream, shout, cry, and kick my own arse for ignoring the ERRORS in the STABILITY TESTS...

you're not going to get very far if you don't at least try more vcore

Guest ecthlipsis
What windows theme are you using there?

Default. I have done very little tweaking to my Vista, and only with the memory and page file. And yes, I even have Aero on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ecthlipsis

Update: I pushed it further... now I'm stable at 3.06ghz @ 1.35v and 450mhz ram at 4-4-4-10 @ 2.23v. Now I'm more proud =D I'm not happy with those latencies, though, so next step is to see if I can get them back to 4-3-4-8 and still hit 3.1ghz. Last time I went that high I couldn't keep it stable, so now I have to decide if I'm willing to give the vcore some more juice... decisions...

Can you list your system specs in your signature so you can get an answer more tailored to your hardware? Its nice to know what you are using because diiferent ram and motherboards behave differently. The better the information provided on your part will result in better solutions from the forums.