How do you look up a computers specs through DOS?

Assassin X

Ok, not my pc. Someone is selling there VERY old pc. I know its at least a 400MHZ PC. I reformatted and they don't have a Windows disc so all it has on it now is just DOS. And now they want to know what its specs were so they can sell it!

I remember you use to be able to look at a computers specs somewhat through dos. How do you do that? I forgot!

Also ifs its at least a 400mhz, I think it has a good graphics card (for then) and 8Gig HD. How much do you think they can get? $10? $5? :rolleyes:

try booting from a linux live CD. dmsg should have most everything you need.

Also, personally, I'd give it away (if you even can) and take the tax benefits, which might net him more than selling it. Personally, you would have to pay me to give me that crap.

try booting from a linux live CD. dmsg should have most everything you need.

Also, personally, I'd give it away (if you even can) and take the tax benefits, which might net him more than selling it. Personally, you would have to pay me to give me that crap.

Yeah...I found a perfectly working P4 3 GHz, 512 RAM, 160 SATA, XP Legit at the dump (someone found it for me)

And i found a nice Duron 1.2

a P3 1 GHz

P3 600 MHz

Celeron 600 MHz

IBM 533 MHz

anyway, fold it or throw it away. :foldon:

It would be nice for .... school work .... emails.... crap server ... no more than $10

Thats what I said. They wanted to sell it for $400. :smack: I got them down to at least double digits. I am trying to get them to just give it away. We have organizations that take old computers and use them for the disabled and like you said you can write it off.

Thats what I said. They wanted to sell it for $400. :smack: I got them down to at least double digits. I am trying to get them to just give it away. We have organizations that take old computers and use them for the disabled and like you said you can write it off.

Jesus! Thats insane! ... If that could happen (400) i would go and drag that dumpster from the dump, 1\2 a mile to my house. I would make millions! Have these people ever been in a store!?!

Got its specs. Its a mind bending super computer! Ready?

Dos Only

450MHZ P3

320 SDRAM

VisionTek Video Card (jealous yet?)

Floppy Drive

24x CD-Rom

Unknown Speed CD-Writer (not DVD)

14 GIG HD

200W Astec (not to be confused with Aztec) Power Supply

No audio card

No USB

The 56K modem is some weird name and has a Canandian sticker on it!

Its a Gateway PC!

So now that you read those juicy specs am I gonna have to get someone to stop you all from mas messaging me to get it? :smack:

$400. lol. It would at least be useful with a audio card, somewhat of a hard drive and maybe a video card. Now my Ipod looks smarter.

Got its specs. Its a mind bending super computer! Ready?

Dos Only

450MHZ P3

320 SDRAM

VisionTek Video Card (jealous yet?)

Floppy Drive

24x CD-Rom

Unknown Speed CD-Writer (not DVD)

14 GIG HD

200W Astec (not to be confused with Aztec) Power Supply

No audio card

No USB

The 56K modem is some weird name and has a Canandian sticker on it!

Its a Gateway PC!

So now that you read those juicy specs am I gonna have to get someone to stop you all from mas messaging me to get it? :smack:

$400. lol. It would at least be useful with a audio card, somewhat of a hard drive and maybe a video card. Now my Ipod looks smarter.

If you would bring it to my house ... i would pay $5 for it... and ONLY if i had the $5 in my pocket.