lego's back again

suchuwato

It's been a while, I be lego :ph34r:

Some of you older members will remember me from when I used to be active 'round here... hopefully nobody will object to me coming back... :P

I'm going to be honest, I kinda 'jumped ship' a while back when OCC had it's 'troubles' - truth is I'm the kinda guy who can only handle about 2 forums at once, and I just kinda got pulled away from OCC :(

I've been out of the game for a while (as you can probably tell by my system specs), and I need to brush up on the latest stuff, but (at least I hope so) I'm not too rusty.

Anyways, it's changed a bit since I was last here... lots of new people, and a new direction, which is good :)

If somebody could give me the low-down on what's changed and what's happened that'd be cool - also if there's any old OCCers who have changed too, let me know ;)

And for those who have joined since I left... Hi! :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I was mooching about on myspace yesterday and I was thinking that you hadn't been around here in a while.

Yes, there have been some changes since you've been gone.

I'll let other people fill you in on the tech stuff (core2 is still top of the pile for the moment).

I think the site is moving in a positive direction in general, which is good.

And I get to post news now as well, which is nice. :)

Good to have you back.

Edited by jammin

You know, I was mooching about on myspace yesterday and I was thinking that you hadn't been around here in a while.

Yes, there have been some changes since you've been gone.

I'll let other people fill you in on the tech stuff (core2 is still top of the pile for the moment).

I think the site is moving in a positive direction in general, which is good.

And I get to post news now as well, which is nice. :)

Good to have you back.

:lol: looking though my MySpace friends is what actually prompted me to come back... it's good to be back - kinda feels like home :lol:

Welcome back lego!

As jammin kind of touched on, Intel and nVidia are currently holding the performance crowns. Intel's Core2 chips pretty much took over right from launch, and AMD hasn't really answered yet. AMD's "Barcelona" is supposed to be the contender, but it's been delayed. It's supposed to launch in Q3 but it seems like that will only be server chips, which means we won't really see it on our level until very late this year or early next. ATi has a launch coming soon for its new line to compete with the 8800 cards from nVidia, but that was also delayed. Early benches show the second highest card to be pretty competitive in its class, but so far what we've seen from the top-dog card has not been wholely inspiring. A lot can happen between early benches and launch though, so you never know.

As far as OCC, things are going very well. TONS more reviews than you'll probably remember, and news is more active than ever too.

It's good to have you back.

Welcome back, The Lego :lol:

Honestly, I never realized you left...but maybe that's because I saw you in *cough*another forum. Glad you're back though....it wouldn't be the same without you...if i had noticed ;)

Welcome back to the Dark Side. While you were gone, I built a decent rig. The site got a LOT of new items to review and we have built up considerable relationships with a fair amount of companies. The staff have also been updated and at present, we are working hard to keep the site improvements coming.

If you didn't notice, there are OCC servers for Battlefield and CSS...you should come along and play :)

So what you been up to at Uni?

Welcome back to the Dark Side. While you were gone, I built a decent rig. The site got a LOT of new items to review and we have built up considerable relationships with a fair amount of companies. The staff have also been updated and at present, we are working hard to keep the site improvements coming.

If you didn't notice, there are OCC servers for Battlefield and CSS...you should come along and play :)

So what you been up to at Uni?

:lol: That's quite a change :P

I'm on a year out actually, not doing CS anymore, too much math :(... been doing voluntary work and bumming about... I'm going to be doing Graphic Design or Film come September :)

:lol: That's quite a change :P

I'm on a year out actually, not doing CS anymore, too much math :(... been doing voluntary work and bumming about... I'm going to be doing Graphic Design or Film come September :)

It is indeed quite a change, but even the most sceptical member cannot deny that OCC is seriously on the up - it's been a tough year, but it was worth the slog. I think it is safe to say that the staff are working hard constantly and having a new owner has helped too. I think in reality, the people behind the scenes now have much more passion in making changes, not to mention the time to oversee the transitions.

Sounds like an interesting year out! I spent mine working for Norwich Union Healthcare in 03/04 but as of next Wednesday, I will have finished my Accounting Degree in Liverpool :blink: Start my new job in July if they will let me!

Where are you planning on studying in September? Also, get on the CSS server!

Where are you planning on studying in September? Also, get on the CSS server!

Probably at UEA again or Norwich School of Art and Design... depends who'll have me :P