Had the car for a week and a half

forgive me if this sounds rude... but not knowing the road is a HORRIBLE excuse not to make a turn. do you plan on driving the same roads to and from the same places your entire life?

it also begs the question of drinking or falling asleep being involved. hopefully it was just an error in judgement and isn't going to land you in a heap of legal trouble.

at anyrate I'm glad to hear you're doing okay considering the circumstances. that's what really matters most in the end. good luck on a speedy recovery, dealing with the insurance company and the law. hopefully it all works out for you in the end.

p8... have to be more careful on a track? ummmmmm... logic has flown out the window? the idea of a track is to have FEWER obsticles to run into, fewer distractions, better road surfaces ect. it's far easier to get into something like this on a public road with other drivers around you.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow batman! Who are you with, and how many years of no-claims?

Ba-da bing! I will have 4 years no claims and that was a quote with Tesco aged 21 - so when I turn 22 (23rd May - don't forget!) it will drop come December when I purchase. I'm fortunate that the new job changes my employment status from "Student" to "Professional" as well as getting

yeah I did something similar a few weeks ago and it totaled my 2002 acura rsx and the insurance company paid me $800 more than I paid for it cuz I bought it 4 months prior to parking my car on it's roof

p8... have to be more careful on a track? ummmmmm... logic has flown out the window? the idea of a track is to have FEWER obsticles to run into, fewer distractions, better road surfaces ect. it's far easier to get into something like this on a public road with other drivers around you.
Again Auto X is fun stuff smile.gif Unless your car is completely falling apart or has rusty suspension it won't hurt anything from a few runs except tires.

Or maybe if there's a local road coarse/track - Those are ever better, but you gotta be more careful.

Reading comprehension has flown out the window??

I was comparing an AUTOX course to a track.

On a track you need to be more careful because if you spin out you can end up in the dirt, or in a wall at some tracks, or even in ANOTHER car.

An Auto-X course is almost always on a FLAT skid pad, or a big parking lot with generally no variations in elevation at all.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...0675&st=30#

Complete Edit

If you've ever been to a track you'd know what I'm talking about, I track my car almost every other month, and have done countless laps around Streets Of Willow, and Horsetheif Mile

http://www.porscheownersclub.org/STS/SOWS_Full_color.jpg

http://srtmotorsports.com/srttrackdays/images/htmlarge.jpg

I've seen a Mustang slide into a wall, many 240sx's sliding into each other, and heard about someone rolling their car when they got off the course and blew a tire.

Actually heres a video of an evo rolling his car at the same track.

Yes, YOU NEED TO BE MORE CAREFUL AT A TRACK THAN AT A AUTOX course

:rolleyes:

Edited by p8baller07

Jeez man, glad you're a-ok. I still drive a POS honda so I've got nothing to even bother trying to drive fast in. Been drivin for 3 years now and still have a clean record. Well, one time I failed to stop when it was icy and ended up with alittle crack in my light bulb cover... but that's it. :) Be glad you were driving a reasonably safe car and not something like a VW Bus. XD

Reading comprehension has flown out the window??

I was comparing an AUTOX course to a track.

On a track you need to be more careful because if you spin out you can end up in the dirt, or in a wall at some tracks, or even in ANOTHER car.

An Auto-X course is almost always on a FLAT skid pad, or a big parking lot with generally no variations in elevation at all.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...0675&st=30#

Complete Edit

If you've ever been to a track you'd know what I'm talking about, I track my car almost every other month, and have done countless laps around Streets Of Willow, and Horsetheif Mile

http://www.porscheownersclub.org/STS/SOWS_Full_color.jpg

http://srtmotorsports.com/srttrackdays/images/htmlarge.jpg

I've seen a Mustang slide into a wall, many 240sx's sliding into each other, and heard about someone rolling their car when they got off the course and blew a tire.

Actually heres a video of an evo rolling his car at the same track.

Yes, YOU NEED TO BE MORE CAREFUL AT A TRACK THAN AT A AUTOX course

:rolleyes:

have you stopped driving on public roads or something? I'd rather be doing 120mph with other drivers who are PAYING ATTENTION than driving on public roads. call it a track or autox course or what ever you want. it's STILL a predetermined route, alone or with other drivers, it's 100 times safer.

jeez, just today on i275 I watched a woman in a PT cruiser merge into the front right tire of a semi truck.... I'm sorry but people like that make public roads extremely dangerous. and worse yet they're all on thier cell phones.... ain't none of that on your autox tracks is there?

Graduated last year. I was with a friend of mine, her birthday, she leaves in a month for Air Force basic, so of course, spending time with her while I can. We all decided to head back into town, I didn't know the road, missed the curve, possible something broke on the car and just added to it, but that will be determined later. Missed the curve, and went off the road.

Yes, I may be young, and I know you've heard it before, but I am a very good driver, I know how to control it.

Doesn't seem you did. Good drivers don't simply "miss curves" and good drivers don't go speeding around a curve they're not familiar with, if that be the case. Maybe you thought you were a good driver, but this should be a wake up call that maybe, just maybe, you're not as good as you thought you were. If there was another car involved, maybe you could blame it on that, but there wasn't; you messed up, plain and simple.

Glad you're okay though.

EDIT: PS, I agree with bigred completely. Driving race cars on a track doesn't automatically make you a good driver...in fact, if you think it does, then it most certainly has done the latter. Plain and simple, if you're on a road late at night that you don't know, you take caution, you don't go the speed limit, and especially not faster (even if it's a little faster).