Si-128 fan

I am going to be making a new system soon and have decided to use a thermalright SI-128 to cool my E6600 cpu and was going to use a AeroCool XtremeTurbine-Silver 120mm fan for its high CFM rating and its shiney leds.

I was wondering if it would be safe for my MB "EVGA 680i" to plug it directly into the cpu heatsink fan power conector or do i need to run it directly off my power supply? also if you have any sugestions about a better heatsink or fan I would greately appriciate them :)

no, it's fine to run it off the mainboard header. However, I would advise you to choose a different fan, as the Aerocool Turbines tend to be quite loud. If you don't really care about the noise, that's not an issue, but if you want a silence PC, the ExtremeTurbines are not for you.

I am going to be making a new system soon and have decided to use a thermalright SI-128 to cool my E6600 cpu and was going to use a AeroCool XtremeTurbine-Silver 120mm fan for its high CFM rating and its shiney leds.

I was wondering if it would be safe for my MB "EVGA 680i" to plug it directly into the cpu heatsink fan power conector or do i need to run it directly off my power supply? also if you have any sugestions about a better heatsink or fan I would greately appriciate them :)

Try not to go overboard on powering fans. Most motherboards will only support so much current on internal headers, so don't go splitting off 8 fans from the motherboard's fan header.

But yes it should be fine for most normal fans/setups.

Edited by The Unforgivin