Illusion of Free Will?

Yeah, I think some neurons fired that told me not to read the whole thing as well.

Some neurons just fired that made me think that you should have read it.

Seriously, the implications of this are HUGE.

Ok, I read this, and it's not really that spectacular... I was much more interested in research into characteristics, abilities, and opinions held in other parts of the body, such as the heart... various studies showing that the brain is not actually the only part of the human psyche and knowledge/learning system

Another startling study was that into the parasitic nematodes of cats, and how they affect human behaviour... the parasites quite commonly spread from cats to their owners and alter their behaviour to take more risks amongst other changes... they are extremely small and somehow enter the bloodstream and end up in skull and attach to the brain... harmless, yet mind-altering... bizarre... this is something that affects billions of people and yet it's hardly known

the parasites quite commonly spread from cats to their owners and alter their behaviour to take more risks amongst other changes... they are extremely small and somehow enter the bloodstream and end up in skull and attach to the brain... harmless, yet mind-altering... bizarre... this is something that affects billions of people and yet it's hardly known

Now I know where the word "crazy" in "crazy cat lady" comes from.

Now I know where the word "crazy" in "crazy cat lady" comes from.
Hehe, Kinda makes me wonder now... :ph34r:

Seems kinda weird that your brain would preemptively send the signal of what you are about to do though...

Guest christopher3393

The research, as the reviewer stated clearly, is far from conclusive. How would one measure a signal prior to the initial physiological response? If the paradigm for discerning reality is determined strictly by what is presently empirically measurable, reality is reduced to the capabilities and the foci of the tools of measurement. The studies cited are preliminary and limited to the conditions of testing. The University of Wisconson-Madison is engaged in some very sophisticated studies of brain activity that are initially suggesting the possibility of human capability to control physiological processes that are generally considered to be involuntary. The subjects of the study are Tibetan Buddhists monks who have been carefully selected because of their reputation for advanced meditation skills.

Edited by christopher3393

This is all I gotta say.

For there to be an illusion of something, it must exsist in the first place.

:closedeyes:

or not :P

mm sounds like an excellent excuse to use if I ever get caught doing something bad

"no officer, I had no choice, my brain decided by itself that I would speed, honest!"

But the American neuroscientist Benjamin Libet has shown that before every such movement, there is a distinctive build-up of electrical activity in the brain. And this build-up happens about half a second before your conscious
Edited by p8baller07