Quick RAM advice

Okay. At present I have PC6400 RAM - GeIL 2x512 4-4-4-12. It's on offer now for a seriously cheap price and I want to add some more. I'm not looking to overclock and my sig shows my system spec.

My question is this. 2x512MB of the SAME RAM is going for

yeah as long as your board supports 2 sets of dual channel (most modern boards do - yours counts). Just make sure one set is in the yellow and the other in the orange (I think those are the colors).

Well I figured that 2x1GB would be better for overclocking performance etc, but I don't game a massive amount (and only have a 17" LCD) so I ordered the 2x512MB. They were

DDR2 is so cheap now it makes me wonder if I should just buy some for the future lol

Yeah, I had a similar thought.

It's so cheap at the moment because it's over supplied so there is a good chance it may not be this cheap again.

342MB available, 522MB system cache. Well, I suppose 2GB (total) is probably enough then! I'm sure that over 4 sticks in dual channel this won't be a problem?

Amount of sticks means nothing. You can get one stick of 2 GB (probably more)

Amount of sticks means nothing. You can get one stick of 2 GB (probably more)

...did you read the entire thread? I am aware that sticks DO indeed vary in size (:lol:)...but 2x1GB was probably not required. So I chose to ADD to my 2x512MB with another 2x512MB...