Best Cpu Burn in Program

Hi , seen a lot of threads claiming after they used a burn in program for their cpu they was able to overclock more.So i guess i'm asking how true this is and what outcome do you get out of this.Need some recommendations for a good burn in app and how long etc and what results that i should expect to get or what will happen.Good Day

Hi , seen a lot of threads claiming after they used a burn in program for their cpu they was able to overclock more.So i guess i'm asking how true this is and what outcome do you get out of this.Need some recommendations for a good burn in app and how long etc and what results that i should expect to get or what will happen.Good Day

I have always used prime 95 to burn in and check stability at the same time. I have never really increased my overclock but have been able to lower the required core voltage after some burn in.

I've used prime 95, but please note that it did not max out my x2 (47-50% cpu load). occt is popular around here as well.

it only used 47-50% cpu because you only had one instance running, so it was only using 1 core. you must run two instances to use 100% cpu if you are running a dual core setup. i like occt also.

Thank you for the replies i got them both , but i will run occt first and see what happens.Lets see what happens.As we stand i'm having bad issues getting my amd x2 3800 over 2.6 gig right now.I've had it boot a few times at 280 and 290 fsb but my motherboard was being kinda flakey, but seems my power supply maybe going out.Good Day.

it only used 47-50% cpu because you only had one instance running, so it was only using 1 core. you must run two instances to use 100% cpu if you are running a dual core setup. i like occt also.

Yes i figured that. Guess id would be nice if they would release a multi-core version.

S&M Torture Test has gotten my Opty hotter than prime95 ever did. Running both at once seemed to work well for testing stability as well.

Yes i figured that. Guess id would be nice if they would release a multi-core version.

Stress Prime 2004 (aka SP2004) has a multi-core version called Orthos

this is what people use for dual-core Prime testing... it IS the Prime95 code, but with a GUI for visual feedback of time elapsed (is it 24 hours yet?) and audible/visual failure alerts

download links for all these tools can be found in the Stress Testing section of the Overclocking Essential Software pinned topic in this overclocking forum: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=64524