NZXT Case Contest

this is my worst case. its not previously on fire or made of cardboard, but it is really the worse case for a home server. i'm piecing together the parts to make the server and really need a good breathing spacious case badly to fit the bill, and honestly that Apollo case would be fabulous for this project. it holds all the drives im gonna need to serve video, music, pictures, printing, and ill be heavily into image storage in the comming months.

I think on the merit of this case i should win this contest, after all, it is...an emachines case!! the worst you can possibly have in your house. its got a mini everything and not even an ATX psu will fit...(and yes the HD you see there is the "bigfoot" 5gig drive...still works perfectly too.....perfect! someone told me an emachines case makes a great BBQ grill if you lay it on its side.

so...for your consideration, the obligatory pic:

post-9188-1178559861_thumb.jpg

Edited by robAP

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4tixjkp.jpg

I need the case becaues I've never won a contest in my life and if i dont ill feel like a complete reject from society.

Just kidding, but i've really never won a contest.

comp2.jpg

Yunnie wants to built a new compy and needs motivation to do it... and that case would be great :D

if I dont win.... I'll just stay lazy >_>; -shrugs-

O.... i forgot that rule... .... but i'll keep the hell case, it is a real case...i destroyed it for fun. now i pay the price because i have a 3 GHz P4 and no place to put it...but the hell case :O

It's ugly as hell, noisy, badly made, only works upside down (?) the side panel won't close, hot inside, cuts your hands, standoffs are not in the right place (!)... yeah, I could go on all day.

occzw2.jpg

(I know we're not counting these... :P)

The invisible case...

dsc01342dq5.th.jpg

Very strange, I wonder why that is?

The drives won't sit in it right the correct way up, and you can't attach them, so it has to be on it's side or upside down :P

caseus8.jpg

Despite this things size it is actually quite cramped, no place to properly route wires, crappy fan clips, only accepts 80MM fans, horrible psu mount location, and the paint scratches very easy...

And one of the worst things about this case:

"The front door assembly"

The door itself is made of cheap plastic and the front panel lock is completely 100% USELESS!!!!

Seriously, if I ever wanted any optical drives or front panel devices and I had access to a full tower Chenming/Thermaltake/Chieftec etc... then I would be in heaven.

It takes 2 hands and the brain power of a 5 year old to open the front panel, since it uses a completely toolless design it takes approximately 8 seconds to remove the front panel, and take a drive out AND another thing the power switch isn't even behind the door either, which makes me wonder what exactly the point of the lock is whatsoever?

The engineer(s) who thought this design up was clearly smoking some wacky drugs when he thought of this design....

I plan on building a new PC (which isn't saying much because just about anything is new compared to my current setup) within a year, with a new case it would motivate me to start buying new parts as the money became available...

Edited by Andrewr05

Picture005.jpg

About 7 months ago my PSU died so I replaced it with one from my old Sony computer. Well, it ended up not being able to fit inside - so in the end, I had to lay the case on it's side and ...well, you get the idea.

Oh, forgot to mention that it's fairly noisy for a PSU.

Edited by Klavious