NZXT Case Contest

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old AST Research Pentium 486 the PSU is out but the hard drive still works I hooked it up to a P4 rig and it booted into windows 3.1.

dsc00109no7.jpg

Edited by road-runner

Guest Raven65
RR in order to be entered you still need to post a case :P

yes we all know that you have a ton on benches as part of your folding farm.

oh yea, one entry per person.

and make comments, we want to know why you need the case beg!!!!!!

they are simple rules.

Thanks.

i'll just play for fun.

These are my server and the pentium d folding rig. Both are equally trashed. So either one will work as an 'entry.' I can also put up that mess I call the closet folding farm.

S7300079__Large_.JPG

So, this is my little *cough* beauty.... *coughcough*

cimg0008tl9.th.jpg

Now what this is, believe it or not, this is my server, therefore storage rig. So what happens with this is that it gets booted every weekend, I backup the important files from my parents/brother/sistsers and sometimes myself (I should do that more often really!), which usually takes a couple of hours by itself. This is a rig I got from a friend, but I had no case here at home, but also no funds to get one, or I was too lazy. So I got an old champagne carton (I kid you not!) and cut a couple of holes into it to form a case. The motherboard fit perfectly, as it was mini-ATX, and I ever had enough space for a PSU, CD drive (if I need one, I take it from my main rig), and one or two harddrives. My parents thought I had officially gone mad, but then when I got them their data back after my sister broke out harddrive (decides she needs to stick a magnet to the PC case <_< what a retard!), things turned around a bit :)

So here are the amazing specs:

Some I-have-no-clue-how-old mobo, a Gigabyte of some sort

a VIA Cyrix III 600MHz socket370 processor @ whatever it boots at

2x128MB SD-RAM

Either some integreated graphics chip, or a Matrox PCI card

a T-Online USB to LAN Adapter

1x 200GB Seagate

LC-Power 300W PSU (noname)

normally i'd say people who have boxes of champagne laying around the house shouldn't win prizes lol...

but man, that cardboard box case is ace! :D

lol Steve, that was after christmas and new years, where I had a couple of mates over and we had a good drink with my and their parents ;)

btw, nice edit roadrunner, but I do prefer the other case and the story you posted :P

lol Steve, that was after Christmas and new years, where I had a couple of mates over and we had a good drink with my and their parents ;)

btw, nice edit roadrunner, but I do prefer the other case and the story you posted :P

Well I posted it on the board alone but they said it had to be case so I changed it to the sony and when you came up with a cardboard case I ran out to the street and got the box I had just thrown out for the garbage man for a case. :P