Almost 2.9

Well as today is my last free day before exams <_<, I decided to do an overclocking run to see just how far I can get her. I seem to have hit a wall just short of 2.9. Any ideas? I know I need to mess around with the memory a bit but even with a divider it is still stopping just short of 2.9.

overclocked.jpg

try upping the vcore a touch more... 1.568v cpu-z worked out pretty nice for my single core opterons (san diego / venus)

also 3-3-2-8 is pretty tight for 1 gig sticks at 260MHz... try loosening that to 3-3-3-8 or most probably 3-4-3-8 will give you some more legroom... also, experiment with the preamble a touch higher or lower... 5.0 or 5.5 works out nice for 1:1 usually, and then 6.0 - 7.0 for 5:6...

then try 10x 286 = 2860 cpu... (183 divider) /11 = 260MHz ram

or (166 divider) /12 = 283.33 ram

I agree with nrg on this one, but I can tell you some better settings for those Infineon CE-5/CE-6 chips you have there (RAM). They will like 2.8Vdimm or even 2.9 more than anything else, lower will not give you very good results. Best settings for the sticks I had were 2.5-4-3-7/8, although this might sound somewhat weird, that worked very well for me up to 270MHz. If that doesn't work, 3-4-3-8 is good for up to 280MHz, but I can't tell you above that, as my sticks didn't like it that far ;)

Voltage wise, with adequate cooling you should be pushing 3GHz with around 1.58-1.62 Vcore.