Best value for 7600 series

ClayMeow

This is for a friend, not me. He was considering the following:

7600GS DDR2 256mb - $95

7600GS DDR2 512mb - $119

7600GT DDR3 256mb - $150

He's not a HUGE gamer, but he'd like to be able to run Oblivion fairly well....but he's poor at the moment, so what do you think? I know the GT with the faster ram is the best of the three, but is it worth the extra $50 is the question here.

Thanks.

PS. He gave me those prices...I'm at work and don't have time to look it up, so I'm just going by what he told me.

I don't know if ATi cards have been considered or not, but you can get a 1950Pro for as little as $130 on the egg and that should beat all three of those cards.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. Generally, I'd split the difference and take the middle one, but 512 on a 7600GS just doesn't seem like it'd make a whole lot of difference.

I don't know if ATi cards have been considered or not, but you can get a 1950Pro for as little as $130 on the egg and that should beat all three of those cards.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. Generally, I'd split the difference and take the middle one, but 512 on a 7600GS just doesn't seem like it'd make a whole lot of difference.

That's what my friend and I was thinking...that if he didn't want to spend the money for the GT, it'd probably be best to drop down to the 256mb 7600GS. I'll check with him to see if he considered ati or not. Thanks.

Just as an FYI, I did some searching for comparisons between the 7600gt and the 1950pro. So far, I've found this. The 1950Pro seems to run a little ahead of the 7900gt, so for less than the price of a 7600gt, I'd have to say it'd be at the top of my list :)

EDIT###

There's an Oblivion page too.