It has arrived.

Ste

Myself I did not really want to wait 24 hours on orthos to start folding so I used OCCT for 30 minutes for my test and then 24/7 folding. What was bad I had to under clock to run vmware and linux. I get some stupid SKB bug error over 3.2Ghz. Oh well I guess 3.2 is enough for me for now. I will have to change to windows SMP folding for the forum wars so I can OC to the full capacity. :)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that is one weird clocking E6600! You should reach 3.2 easily and then take it to somewhere withint 3.6 GHz or more.... How much are you putting into the chipset? Also, have you disabled all spread spectrums and EIST/C1E?

now that is one weird clocking E6600! You should reach 3.2 easily and then take it to somewhere withint 3.6 GHz or more.... How much are you putting into the chipset? Also, have you disabled all spread spectrums and EIST/C1E?

I do not think hes finished yet, you should get a little more also after that arctic silver seats in. :)

Edited by road-runner

Yea Im not done, I am just letting this OC "Settle" in. What exactly is so werid about it?

Chipset? I don't recall changing any settings reguarding that.

Yes, those are disabled.

I do not think hes finished yet, you should get a little more also after that arctic silver seats in. :)

Definitly not finished!

Load temps are 47C

Chipset is the MCH and FSB after my arctic silver settled in I went back and got a little more out of my DS3s folding rigs

Oh in that case, the FSB voltage is Plus .1 and I didn't change the MCH yet.

Update:

Now Stable @:

CPU: 372 X 9 (3.348 Ghz)

MCH Voltage: + .2V

VCore: 1.488V

RAM Voltage: + .2V

RAM Timming: 4-4-4-12

FSB Voltage: + .3V

Load temp: 47C (OCCT)

Idle temp: 42C (F@H SMP Client)

My 3Dmark 2006 was only 9680... :(

Ill post some screen shots of everest information/benchs soon.

Going to try for 3.45 ghz.

No longer restarts when F@H running.

FSB Voltage: + .3V

MCH Voltage: + .3V

Vcore: 1.525V

Going to try OCCT for 30 minutes now, if it passes I will be good to try gamming.

Edit: restarted at above Vcore. Trying @ Vcore 1.55 Now.

Edit: Ehh, well, Ive tried many Vcore settings it it just keeps restarting at 3.45 Ghz. I will settle for 378 X 9.

testing now.

50C Load. Vcore now 1.525V

What exactly is so werid about it?

Thats either something wrong with the board/CPU, or you must have gotten a bad OCing chip! For me (and bear in mind I am using a E6400), I just bumped the thing up to 400x8 with no voltage increase or ANYTHING, and thenhad to up the Vcore by 0.05V's so that it was stable. You seem to need a lot of Vcore to get to 3.2 or more... thats whats weird.

Chipset? I don't recall changing any settings reguarding that.

Chipset = GMCH/FSB/PCI-e voltage ;)

Definitly not finished!

great, keep it coming ;)

Thats either something wrong with the board/CPU, or you must have gotten a bad OCing chip! For me (and bear in mind I am using a E6400), I just bumped the thing up to 400x8 with no voltage increase or ANYTHING, and thenhad to up the Vcore by 0.05V's so that it was stable. You seem to need a lot of Vcore to get to 3.2 or more... thats whats weird.

Chipset = GMCH/FSB/PCI-e voltage ;)

great, keep it coming ;)

I only need 1.350 volts for 3.2Ghz with the DQ6/E6600. The DS3s are running around 1.45 volts to get 3Ghz but those are E6300/6400

Edited by road-runner