It has arrived.

Ste

Around this speed I had to start raising my vcore an increment for every 2 bus speeds I increased and if OCCT failed I would raise the vcore another increment until it passed and I just kept going like that. How much voltage are you running on the RAM? Is the Nortbridge getting hot? I am not sure about your RAM but my OCZ if I reduced the voltage less than the +.35 over (the stock setting) I start having problems, thats on the DQ6 it has a lot more settings, tweaking than the DS3 you may only have like +.1 +.2 +.3 etc.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around this speed I had to start raising my vcore an increment for every 2 bus speeds I increased and if OCCT failed I would raise the vcore another increment until it passed and I just kept going like that. How much voltage are you running on the RAM? Is the Nortbridge getting hot? I am not sure about your RAM but my OCZ if I reduced the voltage less than the +.35 over (the stock setting) I start having problems, thats on the DQ6 it has a lot more settings, tweaking than the DS3 you may only have like +.1 +.2 +.3 etc.

According to Evest Ultimate my RAM Voltage is 2.1V So original was 2V, but I upped it by .1 in CMOS.

I don't see how my northbridge could be getting hot, I mean, I have my tornado blowing directly on it....

I will try upping the Vcore like you suggested.

Whats the max Vcore reccomended?

Update:

Tried Vcore @ 1.378, @ 355 X 9: It restarted.

Now at 1.85V Vcore @ 355 X 9, testing now.

Should I change my Ramming timmings to 5-5-5-15 and add another volt now?

1.85v vcore? Thats high I do not know what is safe I think the highest I ever went was 1.5 something but I saw Tallman pushed his to 1.7 volts for a suicide.

Edit: I would leave the RAM timings at what there supposed to be at, there supposed to be good to 400 according to the manufactures. Mine is running at 2.25 volts but thats OCZ

Edited by road-runner

Edit: Restarted on the last settings.

Sorry, Vcore was actual 1.38 and not 1.8. I upped it to 1.42 and now at 360 X 9. going to stress test now.

Temps @ 41C Load.

Edit: OCCT test Failed, stated it was not stable, but computer did not restart.(Which I take as a good sign) Should I up the vcore a bit and try again on same speed? Doing now.

Now @ 360 X 9, Vcore @ 1.424. Stress testing now.

Cooling.

CPU - Scythe Mine w/artic silver 5.

North Bridge - Tornado

Case- Out: one 120MM, one 80MM,

In: two 80MM, one 120MM.

I take it that the temps I have now are getting close to the limit?

Its 44C Load. Current stress test.

Edit: So far so good

Load temps are now 46C, I will let it go to 45 Minutes before I restart for normal use. I will let this OC sit in before moving on.

A side question for Silverfox and Road runner.

What do you consider stable? Passing a OCCT, orthos or prime 95 torture test or being able to use the computer normally for X amount of hours or days?

For me its being able to use the computer normally for a few days without restarting or BSODing? How much do you think that will affect my max OC? Maybe max at 3.3 ghz?

Last settings failed 16 minutes into test. Comp restarted.

I really don't know what to do, I guess I will just crank more vcore? Any other suggestions?

Update:

New Settings to stress test

CPU: 360 X 9 (3.24GHz)

RAM Voltage: 2.1

FSB Overvoltage: + .2

Vcore: 1.44V

So, what do you guys consider stable?