Oh noes! Not another amp...

markiemrboo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woofers? What's the point. Spend more on speakers with a nice dynamic range.

Nothing wrong with woofers if they're implemented properly and not setup to over power everything else...

Yes, but it makes much more sense (to me, at least) to get better speakers, than to waste the money on woofers.

Is it a tube amp?

Not sure m8, not spoke to him much about it.

Well...his hobby is sound / music. As he absolutly hates un-equalised sound (or however you say it lol) I guess he is planning to let the amp power treble speakers aswell.

But whatever, ill start a new topic when hes got further on, but atm hes saving for the enclosure and speakers.

Wow dood. This is my first day on this site and I stumble across this thread. I am more amazed that you have tackled etching at your home. Etching is not the simplistic of hobbies to tackle. I mean, I guess it could be, but here at work we use big horizontal etching machines. We also use ferric chloride for most metals (copper, brass, SS, Kovar, Invar, CRS, Nickel Silver and so on). I like your methodology of ironing on your design. We use giant printers and photoresistant lamination. Great stuff... I've only been in the chemical etching business for a little less then 2 years and this job just fascinates me.

But whatever, ill start a new topic when hes got further on, but atm hes saving for the enclosure and speakers.

I remember this. I seem to recall the general response to that thread being rather unimpressive, but I can't really remember why. Nevertheless, I would still be interested to see it whenever you post the topic.

Wow dood. This is my first day on this site and I stumble across this thread. I am more amazed that you have tackled etching at your home. Etching is not the simplistic of hobbies to tackle. I mean, I guess it could be, but here at work we use big horizontal etching machines. We also use ferric chloride for most metals (copper, brass, SS, Kovar, Invar, CRS, Nickel Silver and so on). I like your methodology of ironing on your design. We use giant printers and photoresistant lamination. Great stuff... I've only been in the chemical etching business for a little less then 2 years and this job just fascinates me.

In the rush to get the final complete power switch board up I forgot to add the post-etched pictures! I was actually quite pleased with how this new board turned out. It turned out to be a nice clean etch. I thought the whole iron-on PCB making thing was a fairly well known technique though ;) Seems to work OK for the starting out hobbyists such as myself, but is only really practical for simple single sided boards. Quite a long way off the big etch tanks and massive printers and things that you've come across at work :lol:

2000272018393376946_rs.jpg

2000254265173276922_rs.jpg

Wow... markie, that looks good!

Thanks. Shame it doesn't work yet :lol:

Nice work! Looks awesome!

Where do you get your copper board material?

Ebay actually. I'm not sure if it is any more, but when I last bought some (many many months ago) it actually seemed cheaper on there! If I was to buy some more I would check www.farnell.com though. Buying locally I have no idea really. Where I live doesn't really have any electronics like shops. :(