B.S.O.D.?!

czGLoRy

I get the blue screen of death that is crashing my computer fairly regularly.. it says something like

"FAULTY_PAGE_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"

What ?! What am I supposed to do to fix this? haven't instaled any hardware or new software recently not really...

Was it "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"?

If so that is usually either something to do with memory or your hard drive. For me it was hard drive and it looks like you have the same hard drive as me. Have you noticed any strange noises coming from your hard drive?

Try running scan disk see if there is anything wrong there.

Yeah thats it. I haven't noticed any weird noises at all, but I will run a checkdisk tonight to see if it gets any errors (don't have time to do it today it takes over an hour and a half on my computer)

but to the second response, how would I do that?

Right click on "My Computer" > Properties > Advanced > Performance box - Settings > Advanced > Virtual memory box - Change > set one drive to "no paging file" after you set up another, comparably sized, paging file on another disk.

ok, so I did the chkdsk, found lots of errors but said it fixed it and I haven't had the BSOD since then. (sorry didnt catch that source code)

but now my computer is restarting randomly. I will be in the middle of stuff and screen goes black, and its restarting. No error messages or anything. What? What can I do?

p.s. just got another BSOD, said error 0000000x24 (somethin like that)

uninstall any disk defragmenter software, antiviruse software, or backup utilities and run chkdsk for hard drive corruptions.

Just ran chkdsk... gotta do it again after uninstalling my antivirus?!