OCC Jobs: Writing How-To Guides

sdy284

Just in case you guys missed the forum announcement...

Since Hardnrg and Fueler's guides have gone up I have been contacted about other members doing some. I have no problem with any member doing guides. If you would like to do a guide on something feel free to contact me via email [email protected] or by pm. You can do guides on anything you want as long as its computer related.

Have a look at our guides page http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/ if there is something that is not on there that you would like to tackle let me know, if you see something on there that could be updated let me know that as well.

If you have any questions message me.

Thanks

Bosco

It's really nice if you have the basics of spelling and grammar down, and if you've ever written a report, essay, or some such, even in school, it really makes it easier to write.

Don't worry if you're not too sure about all that though, it's mostly the concepts, message and pics that people wanna hear about (also all the editors *love* to correct all that bad grammar, especially Kash :D)

Also, a reminder that an overclocking FAQ has been in the works for some time now... obviously, it is a beast that is no small task to complete, so if anyone has anything to contribute to that like maybe you are a DDR2 expert, or have the 680i chipset sussed, know about how to tweak GDDR3 timings to get more performance or higher speeds... any of that kinda stuff will really REALLY be appreciated.

Hardly anything on this site can be done by one person anymore, and it's often fun working on something together... But guides are something that can pretty much be produced by one person.

I found it was pretty easy to make a guide if I just charged up my digital camera, then set about doing what I was going to do anyway (e.g. voltmod my 7800GT's) and take pictures along the way at key stages. Then afterwards, maybe take a few screenshots of before and after benchmarks, jot down a couple numbers for speeds/volts...

After you got all the pics, screenshots and data results, the guide part is pretty easy... it's always nice to read through some well written descriptions or explanations, I feel, so while it's not really *hard*, you can take a bit of time and effort to come up with something that you are proud of :)

Anyway, I've blabbered on for a while now lol, just taking a break from finishing some coursework... Yurg...