Official Forum Wars Recruitment Thread

jammin

I am far from the worlds best OC'er and have crap for Video cards but I will give it a shot. I can use 2 of the machines in my SIG not that a X300 or 1650XT card will do much. 8800's are $300 and up ? hahaha I would much rather donate to Cancer research with another rig before I do that.

Also someone may need to email me and remind me I am doing this hehe I forget what I did yesterday sometimes :/

Another though on that, I have been wanting to buy the new 2900xt as it will be able to fold, so that another option and will have better benchmarks.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything I have read about the 2900 HD cards has been bad to this point. New drivers SHOULD help it they are saying.

Even tho I said I wouldnt get a 8800, the gts 320mb looks good from what I can find out the MSI and EVGA are the 2 better ones ?? If not please advice. This 1650 XT doesnt OC for beans, ATI Tool turns screen black almost as soon as you start it up then you need to reboot and yes it is unlocked.

EVGA = best customer support/service for any hardware brand out there, not questions asked!

@ Thread, I should be getting a 650i SLI board sometime these days, so depending on my state of funds/availability of other hardware, I should be able to add another C2D rig into this if it be needed! :)

nice :) How come you always get the good CPUs? :P

I dunno but Ive had it stable at 3.51ghz after that I hit a FSB wall. Im getting held back by the horrible NB cooler but I got a replacement on the way so Im thinking 3.8ghz could be possible temperature permitting. But that should be no issue since at 3.51 I hit 48c full load on my SI-128 but I might go for a cheap waterchiller with my mini fridge just to get some insane benchs done.

and thanks for the welcome neddamttocs

Edited by caffeinejunkie

Update on the list of confirmed participating forums:

Asus Independent

Overclockers-Anonymous

PC Pitstop

OverclockerZ Forum

Overclockers Club

The Raptor Pit

Tecno Computer Italia

BenchZone

FMC

Bleedinedge

ClanOSAZ

OCForums

PlanetAMD64

Dev Hardware Forums

PC Apex Forums

Extreme Systems

Techzone

And those that are interested but yet to be confirmed

Xoxide (interested)

NordicHardware (interested)

AwardFabrik Forum (interested)

Techsweden (interested)

Hardware Asylum (interested)

Tiburcc.it (interested)

hardware.no (interested)

SOJ (interested)

Maximum PC Forums (interested)

OCXtreme (might be interested)

HardwareAnalysis (might be interested)

So it's a pretty impressive list.

Hopefully that'll spur some of you on. :)