Official Forum Wars Recruitment Thread

jammin

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 go towards the 'Overall Score'

But we can have as many players as we want.

The more people who post scores during the initial benching phase, the stronger our teams are likely to be. :)

Ideally, I want to be in a position where my rig is nowhere near getting into the top 20.

Edited by jammin

hmmmmm ok.... I just finished building a new E6600 with an 8800 for a backup PC so that will be a good one to use for a start. :)

If my DFI board gets here soon that will give me my second one, then I have my other 6600 with the 965 Board with an 8600 and my other 6600 with another soon to be 8600 or 8800 so that will give me a few to toy around with.

Ok, so I have read everything, but I just flew into n00b mode or something. Can someone please give a synopsis in this thread on exactly what we are going to do, and which benchmarks we are using? As stated before, I assume that we will be running all benches at their default settings. Also, it wold be nice if you benchmark fanboyz could give us all some tips for getting better scores, such as setting all visual settings from quality to performance in XP.

Thanks.

Yes, all benchmarks will be run at default settings.

Scoring will take place in This Thread when the time comes.

The first post in that thread also lists the benchmarks being used (and links to download them), plus gives an example of the format in which scores should be posted.

Yes, it would be nice if those experienced in benchmarking could offer tips to the rest of us.

Further questions can be directed to the Discussion Thread (links to the rules etc. can also be found there).

We could still do with some more players as well.. you've got plenty of time before the contest kicks off :)

Edited by jammin

I am far from the worlds best OC'er and have crap for Video cards but I will give it a shot. I can use 2 of the machines in my SIG not that a X300 or 1650XT card will do much. 8800's are $300 and up ? hahaha I would much rather donate to Cancer research with another rig before I do that.

Also someone may need to email me and remind me I am doing this hehe I forget what I did yesterday sometimes :/