What game servers would you play if OCC hosted them?

Guest Raven65

What Game servers would you play?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Games

• Battlefield 2
    • Counter Strike Source
    • Day of Defeat
    • Day of Defeat Source
    • Battlefield 2142
    • Call of Duty 2
    • Quake 4

Unfortunately I have to stay up till ungodly times to see much activity on the CS:S server.

Might pop in a bit later if anyone is going to be around.

there were about 12 people on the server about an hour or 2 ago :P

And I missed it! :(

And for anyone who wants to add me to friends on Steam - iJammin

Then maybe I'll get a better idea of when people are on.

Edited by jammin

well 14 people have voted for bf2 and i think a max of 3 or 4 has been on the server @ the same time :unsure:

so people are voting but aren't playing

People don't play on the server because of a number of things.

In BF2 the games doesn't start until 8 players join the server and a lot of people don't like playing BF2 when there stats arn't being recored and when there kills and other points arn't being recored eather.

Also because BF2 has some big maps and with only 8 players usually 4v4 you don't get a lot of action you usually just spend most of your time capturing flags and don't oftenly get to see or attack the enemy at all.

Theres also the time difference since we have OCC members all around the world it's difficult to fit in everyone at the same time when people have different personal schedules.

The key is to get a lot of players on the server. The way to do that is for someone to get on the server and stay there for a few hours and encourage playing there (I've been trying to do this on the OCC server during my free time) since random people usually join there all the time and will sometime just play to practice there skills or don't want to be on a big sever. As more people join the server the game gets more exciting and the OCC server becomes more then just another server with 0 players on it and more people join that aren't from the OCC and before you know it people add the OCC server to there favorites list and we know have 30-40 people on at a time instead of only 10 and the OCC members can join when ever they want and not have to worrie about zero people to play with.

The strategy worked last night I stayed for a few hours and about 21 people joined the sever.

I personally think BF2142 would do better because the games newer and there are only about ranked 300-600 servers verses BF2 have 3000-5000 severs at a time. There be much more of a chance games would start quickly because people don't have a whole lot of severs to choose from.

With mods, you don't have to wait for 8. Stats suck anyway, they don't really measure your ability.

With mods, you can get scripts that change map size depending on the amount of people on the server.

That's true.

OCC needs to organize people to play, otherwise the server won't get started.

Yeah, idling can work well.

BF2142 is a worse game than BF2, and there aren't a lot (any?) good mods out for it.

Basically, MODS MODS MODS!