I have a few questions about what W/C kit's

AMD64

Ditch the NON-conductive coolant.....if it's anything like "Fluid XP+ extreme" and I think it is ......it doesn't work very good.

I have a 4600X2 in my son's AM2 (the WaveMaster Mod) but I had backed the OC down to 2.5GHz due to heat under full load with the SMP client but I finally gave up on the Fluid XP extreme ( I wasn't having any sludge problems ...I just didn't think it cooled that well....turned out I was right) and went back to distilled water and "ProBlend Motorsports Products" Hi-performance Radiator Coolant (it doesn't contain any antifreeze). Temps dropped from 52C under full load to 39C so I bumped the OC back up to 2.85Ghz CPU, 950Mhz MEM and cut the time on a step (2604 or 2605 WU) from 24 min to 20 min. Temps are now running 45C under full load

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats the deal with ram cooling is there any point in adding that or will that stress the w/c setup and will i be able to o/c alot more if w/c

thanks

Don't get a memory block. And I didn't see that you put in the non-conductive fluid.

Go with distilled water and zerex (if you can get it there). Works perfect.

Good example of a "T line"

or fill port

This is what i had in my WC setup.

Its actually much easier to fill and bleed than a res also a lot less likely to leak and keep from leaking

if the liquid is non conductive does this mean if it leaks my pc will not go boom or will it still go boom anyway

and ram block ok thats out of the question might get the fan's for the Corsair Dominator not that show on what ram to get just get :)

if the liquid is non conductive does this mean if it leaks my pc will not go boom or will it still go boom anyway

Yep....non-conductive means it won't go boom if it leaks.....but it will still go boom anyway because it gums up the works and won't even cool your system as well as stock air cooling full of dirt and dust bunnies. :glare:

When mine leaked with distilled water and zerex it went boom. Ruined a new or new then P4C800 Deluxe and and ATI All in Wonder 9800 Pro and almost burned up a 3.2EE. It was not good to say the least.

pelt1am5.jpg

Edited by road-runner

Yes, zerex does make it conductive. But, as long as you are careful nothing can really go wrong. I have had my loop going for about a year now and I have had 0 problems. Cleaned once so far and everything else has been going smooth. Other then 5 weeks, the computer has been on basically (other than reboots etc) been on the entire year.